Sign in to follow this  
Delabo

Stradivari “Vesuvius” sampled instrument.

Excellent!

I just saw the cutest video clip of a mother giving her daughter a candy, while they were travelling on a bus/train.

The daughter was 84. Mom was 107.

50 minutes ago, Shelbow said:

I worked for ROLI for 5 and a bit years (from nearish the beginning of it's first product release) I used to make the keys of the original Seaboard by hand, mixing together chemical inside a cabin for 10 hours a day. I also did a lot of QA work and a whole host of other things. Yes this would be a great virtual instrument to use with an MPE capable controller.

How interesting that you worked for ROLI.

I  have heard that they are going through some financial difficulties and have recently sold the JUCE  framework to i-lok.

So you must know Julian Storer ?

3 minutes ago, Delabo said:

How interesting that you worked for ROLI.

I  have heard that they are going through some financial difficulties and have recently sold the JUCE  framework to i-lok.

So you must know Julian Storer ?

Yeah I think things are not good for them. I left last December (although I was just a consultant for them for the last 8 months or so). Yeah I know Jules, I'm surprised that he has stayed at ROLI but I guess they are still working on other projects that he is interested in. Absolute genius coder and lovely chap.

They also sold the BFD software and team to InMusic.

1 hour ago, martin swan said:

Not really - sampled pianos and other tuned percussive instruments are relatively straightforward.

And you can make music out of anything. All you need is pitch and repetition.

OK, I'd concede that a sampled piano can make music in the right hands, but never a sampled violin played on a squishy keyboard!  Did you hear what Native Instruments makes of the Allemande from the D minor Partita (excerpt 10)?

2 hours ago, Shelbow said:

Yeah I think things are not good for them. I left last December (although I was just a consultant for them for the last 8 months or so). Yeah I know Jules, I'm surprised that he has stayed at ROLI but I guess they are still working on other projects that he is interested in. Absolute genius coder and lovely chap.

They also sold the BFD software and team to InMusic.

Yes I know Jules is a great coder I have owned various copies of his Tracktion DAW starting at version 1.4  but have stopped upgrading after I bought Cubase last year.

So if you were in at the start of ROLI you must have had a hand in making the Seaboard on "La La Land" ?

37 minutes ago, Delabo said:

Yes I know Jules is a great coder I have owned various copies of his Tracktion DAW starting at version 1.4  but have stopped upgrading after I bought Cubase last year.

So if you were in at the start of ROLI you must have had a hand in making the Seaboard on "La La Land" ?

Yes my friend and I made the keywave for that particular instrument, it was owned by a music producer associated with the film. We used to have logs of who the instruments belonged to in the early days. 

If you own one of the original seaboard grands there is probably 70% chance I made part of it. In the later production the keywaves were mass manufactured.