Maestronet Forums

The Zuger theory

Andreas Preuss

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, jacobsaunders said:

Me too. My favourite was when he characterised shellac as „Chinese fly shit“ (although I had always thought is was Indian)

I have nothing but admiration for people that could train the bugs to deposit an even,  uniform coating on an instrument, no matter from which continent they hail from.:lol:

1 hour ago, Bill Yacey said:

I have nothing but admiration for people that could train the bugs to deposit an even,  uniform coating on an instrument, no matter from which continent they hail from.:lol:

That's nothing compared to the earwigs they trained in Markneukirchen to antique the instruments. Imagine being so small, and having to hold up a screwdriver to scratch at the varnish.

When I was a kid and heard adults discussing life behind the Iron Curtain, I developed a mental image in my head where nobody smiled with happiness, everything was devoid of color ( the whole Soviet Union was in utilitarian black and white) and the weather was always dreary, overcast at best.

My wife immigrated from there in 1988;  when I first met her, I asked jokingly what her first impression was of experiencing color.  She asked if I was dropped on my head at some point in my childhood. Natural selection was completed, and we were married a few years later.

40 minutes ago, jacobsaunders said:

"This thread should be placed where the sun does not shine"

Where is that, Ann Arbor?

Since you asked this about Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor happens to have more sunshiny days than Vienna. ;)

But I will send you a flashlight and a mirror, should you wish assistance contemplating your "nether regions". :D

34 minutes ago, Bill Yacey said:

When I was a kid and heard adults discussing life behind the Iron Curtain, I developed a mental image in my head where nobody smiled with happiness, everything was devoid of color ( the whole Soviet Union was in utilitarian black and white) and the weather was always dreary, overcast at best.

My wife immigrated from there in 1988;  when I first met her, I asked jokingly what her first impression was of experiencing color.  She asked if I was dropped on my head at some point in my childhood. Natural selection was completed, and we were married a few years later.

Well, I see a lot of  bright colors in these photos, but joy and spontaneity are singularly muted.  Lest we forget.......... :ph34r:

May Day parade

1361809_MayDayinMoscow.thumb.jpg.9ef391e6438ec783dfd24fa4a166c058.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CqeRAm_XjSk/hqdefault.jpg

14 minutes ago, jezzupe said:

Oh look, trained Marxist's walking to Beverly Hills to get their bail money :lol:

coffeescreen.gif.f6d65a2920f122d2f8840ffc609dbd04.gif  Dear heavens, Jezzupe!  Thanks for an excellent example of spontaneity.  :lol:

Why do I get the feeling that if you produce a big, thick, literary novel, Finnegan's Wake will have serious competition?  ;)