Sign in to follow this  
Dimitri Musafia

Professionals: are some of your musician clients going crazy too?

Nathan, 

I hope everything works out for you, and you recover quickly.  The world is getting crazier every day.

It is all the fear mongering.  That's what they want.  Why would anyone live in fear?  This fear is pure evil.  If you don't like what someone, or some people are doing, then don't go near them.  Don't rat on them to the "authorities" to teach them a lesson.  Just because you live in Paranoiaville, doesn't mean that everyone else does.  

The same goes the other way.  You KNOW that some people are paranoid, if you come across them, just keep your distance.  Why do you insist on being a moron?  

Violence is NEVER acceptable.  You may believe that you have rights; fine. But if YOU have rights, others have the right not to be criminally attacked by you because you didn't like what they said.  Rights go both ways.  No one EVER has a right to assault someone.  If they fight in self defense that is one thing, but to attack someone? Really? You don't know how to say, "Oh, we'll go down the street if we are bothering you."  

Is EVERYTHING about YOU?

Words.  Simple little things.  They get you all worked up?  You have a serious problem.  We all live here.  There is no place else we can go.  You don't have to agree with everyone,  don't have to like ANY political party (I don't like any politics), or this crisis that they rolled out to cause chaos; but anger and fear should never be a part of you.

I'm from Detroit, but I've always liked foreign cars better.  Not into muscle cars.  Did see an early, lime green Datsun Z car set up like a race car go down the road I live on yesterday at well over 55mph.  It sounded pretty good.  60's-80's Alfa and Lancia sedans are cool too.  And the weird Citroen DS and SM. 

Edited by Ken_N
added car stuff

3 hours ago, nathan slobodkin said:

I haven't had any crazy clients but yesterday the husband of one of the teachers who work for a competitor in the same building attacked me for asking him and his two teenage sons not to hang out by my doorway without masks. I had a client coming momentarily to pick up a cello who had demanded that both of us wear masks and not be in the same room together during the pick up.

14 centimeter split in my head showing my skull. 12 staples and 23 stitches to close it after four hours to stop the bleeding and transfusing two bags of plasma and one of blood.

How's that for crazy?

More and more I find myself at a loss for words when I hear about things people are doing in this time. I can only wish you a speedy recovery, physically and psychically. I’m so sorry that happened.

4 hours ago, nathan slobodkin said:

I haven't had any crazy clients but yesterday the husband of one of the teachers who work for a competitor in the same building attacked me for asking him and his two teenage sons not to hang out by my doorway without masks. I had a client coming momentarily to pick up a cello who had demanded that both of us wear masks and not be in the same room together during the pick up.

14 centimeter split in my head showing my skull. 12 staples and 23 stitches to close it after four hours to stop the bleeding and transfusing two bags of plasma and one of blood.

How's that for crazy?

OMG! 

I hope he spends some time in jail. And pays a fine...and whatever else they can throw at him.

I hope you heal up quickly. 

4 hours ago, nathan slobodkin said:

How's that for crazy?

That is indeed crazy and I hope charges are filed against him etc.  I'm sorry to hear of this injury and assault on your peace of mind.  I hope the rest of your weekend goes well!

5 minutes ago, Michael Darnton said:

That's not Gee I'm sorry stuff. That's call the police and file charges, and I hope you did, Nathan.

Too busy calling for an ambulance. The police arrived in time to talk to me for half a minute as they drove me away leaving the assaulter and his family to tell the story. Result was a summons for class D assault which will probably net him a fifty dollar fine.

I’m sorry you had to go through that, and I hope that the outcome is more appropriate than a $50 fine. The entire situation is horrifying, and it’s made worse by the fact that the guy did something like this in front of his kids.

6 hours ago, nathan slobodkin said:

How's that for crazy?

Well hope you heal up quickly, was there a weapon involved? or did he throw you to the ground? how did you get a gash 14 cm long?

seems like an obtuse response , but the media has done a wonderful job of messing with peoples minds

I can see someone telling you to "f.o" or some other more measured response, there must have been some words exchanged that escalated it? and seemingly more than a punch thrown to do that kind of damage?

something tells me someone who would do something like that does not have lots of assets, but it'd be worth looking into it, your best recourse would be civil if there anything to be got out of it all.

again, very sorry that happened and hope you heal up quick.

1 hour ago, David Burgess said:

Nathan, In the future, you could just happen to have a large roughing gouge in your hand. It's quite normal for a fiddlemaker. ;)

a glock brand roughing gouge is a sure deterrent

15 minutes ago, Three13 said:

it’s made worse by the fact that the guy did something like this in front of his kids.

Tragically, he probably treats his kids the same way.

6 hours ago, nathan slobodkin said:

How's that for crazy?

Nathan, that's appalling!  :angry:  IMHO, that sounds closer to attempted murder than assault.  What the hell did he hit you with?   Thank God you survived.  :o

Until I looked, I never dreamed that Bangor was so violent.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/me/bangor/crime

Ever considered relocating to warmer climes?

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/fl/madison/crime

:)

This is appalling. I wish you a speedy recovery, Nathan! 

There is just so much anger in the air. I hope as a species, we can find a way to get control of it and let go of it before we tear each other and our entire world apart.

38 minutes ago, Bill Merkel said:

a glock brand roughing gouge is a sure deterrent

I did have fantasies about getting my roughing gouge autographed by Ted Nugent, when he still lived nearby in Michigan. :)

3 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

I did have fantasies about getting my roughing gouge autographed by Ted Nugent, when he still lived nearby in Michigan. :)

I can get you one autographed by my dear friend Don Vito...

56 minutes ago, GeorgeH said:

Tragically, he probably treats his kids the same way.

More tragically they will grow up and deal with things the same way. And all during their growing up they will be in constant contact with others giving them opportunities to spread their fathers ideology, like a virus.

For those of you into eugenics covid conspiracy theories, it does make you wonder :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, Dimitri Musafia said:

I can get you one autographed by my dear friend Don Vito...

Uhm, how about an autograph from Jimmy Buffet instead? ;)

Wait. You were on crutches when he assaulted you? I wish I could be in court to see and hear. Did this make the TV news?

Generally people who think hurting people is an acceptable approach are cowardly bullies that prey on weaker individuals.  Folks our size generally don't even worry about the possibility.  The crutches must have given the scum the confidence assault you.  This is the kind of thing that really makes my hackles raise.  Heal quickly Nathan.

-Jim  

3 hours ago, nathan slobodkin said:

Result was a summons for class D assault which will probably net him a fifty dollar fine.

Call the District Attorney and explained what happened. Ask for an interview with an investigator from their office.

That's terrible Nathan! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

The whole pandemic situation does seem to bring out the crazy in some folk. Then again, some were probably pretty crazy to begin with. Your attacker sounds absolutely pathological! Hope the doctors rounded the cleats on the seam ;).

Best,

Scoiattola