Sign in to follow this  
Julian Cossmann Cooke

Plowden Revealed

Calling your attention to the just-completed collaboration between maker Jordan Hess, virtuoso violinist Christian Fatu, and del Gesu's Plowden.

Jordan and Christian have released a compilation of high quality photographs along with video and audio recordings featuring Fatu on del Gesu's fiddle which is available in digitized format.  You can find more information at https://www.jordanhessviolins.com/plowden.

I do not have a financial interest in the project.

I spent four hours viewing the Plowden pictures on Sunday, and really think that the project is something special, in that it very clearly illustrates a lot of details that aren't easily visible in the usual photos of significant instruments that I've had access to.

We're fortunate to live at a time when this sort of information can be made available, and that Jordan and Cristian put what is evidently a great deal of effort into the images and music. I also feel a great deal of gratitude to the owner of the Plowden for agreeing to allow these images and recordings out into the public sphere - not every collector is so willing to share something like this with the world.

I'm also not financial involved in the project.

I met the original Plowden instrument about 2 years ago. The owner agreed to go upstairs in his apartment, get it, and show it to me. Very cool.