Sign in to follow this  
woodbldr

Sciatic pain

16 hours ago, woodbldr said:

David,

These are great examples, thanks.  The smaller model is the one I am considering.

Danny

I have some of the larger Manfrotto positioning arms, I acquired thirty years ago and they are pretty useful as well as being portable and moved around the bench easily. I notice too, that as I've gotten older, the work often needs to be positioned higher off the bench than it used to. I blame my vision, but I can't work hunched over anymore. I have a glass table on my back porch where I like to sit and work on cellos and that distance is pretty good. I need to think of a better chair, I used to have an adjustable Aeron chair but I left it at my job when I retired. It sucks getting older but we have to keep moving, stop moving and everything seizes up.

20 hours ago, David Burgess said:

There was a time when I believed that, too.

Hellerwork. There is a practitioner in your area. I was curious enough to check. It's like rolfing and massage and physical therapy in one. Not cheap but you can afford it. I told a guy at my work about it...he's ancient like you but a lifelong runner. He was limping with sciatic pain. I finally got tired of seeing that and worked on him one day, which we could tell did something, but I knew 100% the day after he went to see our local hellerwork person because he was walking again. Just walking, no trace of the limp he had for weeks. It's that good.