Sign in to follow this  
violins88

ZOOM meeting for pegbox friends

I am in lockdown in Wellington, NZ.  Have been using ZOOM to meet with friends. Is anyone else interested in attempting a ZOOM meeting of Pegbox members?

And next a date. How about Sunday evening at 6:30 pm Eastern USA time?

Download the free version of ZOOM before hand.

On 3/29/2020 at 2:44 PM, JPherson said:

I also would be interested. Would be a nice change of pace to put person to screen name. 

Jesse

On 3/29/2020 at 2:44 PM, JPherson said:

I also would be interested. Would be a nice change of pace to put person to screen name. 

Jesse

We did meet. Enjoyed each other’s company. 7 planned to meet. One person absent. Plan to meet next Sunday at 22:30 GMT. All Pegbox members welcome. My suggestion for next week is that one of us give a short presentation on a violin topic. Any volunteers? But, in any case, we will enjoy good conversation. 

Damn I got busy and couldn’t attend. It’s on my calendar  for next week!! I will send you an email tomorrow so you have it. 

Jesse 

Mike,

I think there would be interest in hearing about your current investigation of pigments. Please consider sharing. And Thomas Rauch has some experience with amber varnish. Thomas, please consider sharing.  And I think we are open to sharing offers by others.

Other Pegbox members, please contact me with your offers of sharing.

Having 6 people in a chat was very comfortable. As the numbers increase, it necessarily becomes more of a lecture style thing. 

I can announce that someone has agreed to talk about pigments. 

Date: Sunday April 5 at 22:30 GMT

If you wish to attend, download ZOOM and send a PM message to me with your email.

John

Hi all,

I would like to join in your next meeting, but 22.30 GMT is a bit late for me -- I live in a shared apartment  for now and I can't stay on the phone without being heard by my flatmate. I am aware that most of the Maestronetters living in the US are spread on several time zones so I understand the difficulty of finding an acceptable time for meetings. . I'll see if there will be any other groups forming.

Giovanni,

i will see if the person giving the talk this week is willing to do a second talk at a different time, What time would be good for you?

My brother is in Torino now and would probably participate.

One of the current participants, an amateur, needs to know more about graduation of the violin back near the edges. Would you be interested in talking about that?

@violins88 I will join the 22.30GMT meeting. I will stay in the kitchen and make some more coffee if I need...

This will be an occasion for me to practice my English and I'll be happy to help other participants whenever I can.

Looking forward to meeting you all. Thanks, Giovanni