Jump to content
Maestronet Forums

Zheng Quan violin price? How to order one?


ReiChico
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Brumcello said:

I have noticed this in my short time on this forum. As an aside, I also have had a strong desire to own a Burgess cello but learned several years ago that the waiting list made that an impossibility. Sigh.

If you really want an investment instrument, the best thing to do is buy someone young and on the way up, and hope you choose well.

My cello is a Caron, and his protege is named Klarissa Petti. She is also a cellist herself, and quite a good one actually and she has made at least four cellos to date, they are all beautiful. You could do worse than looking her up.

David also has two Celli, his personal instrument and his last instrument. But they are outside your range.

But choose for yourself and not for the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PhilipKT said:

If you really want an investment instrument, the best thing to do is buy someone young and on the way up, and hope you choose well.

My cello is a Caron, and his protege is named Klarissa Petti. She is also a cellist herself, and quite a good one actually and she has made at least four cellos to date, they are all beautiful. You could do worse than looking her up.

David also has two Celli, his personal instrument and his last instrument. But they are outside your range.

But choose for yourself and not for the future.

Thank you. I agree; my current main cello is by a modern maker (not as good an instrument as I would like) and I am considering replacing it with something better. i have been looking at a London based shop called "My Luthier" which is run by musicians and sells high quality instruments by modern makers. "Choose for yourself" is quite right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brumcello said:

Thank you. I agree; my current main cello is by a modern maker (not as good an instrument as I would like) and I am considering replacing it with something better. i have been looking at a London based shop called "My Luthier" which is run by musicians and sells high quality instruments by modern makers. "Choose for yourself" is quite right.

If you’re in England, why not hire someone like Martin or Jacob to help your search.

you have clearly defined parameters, hiring someone as an agent will cost some money but might be quite worthwhile considering that whomever you hire has an encyclopedic knowledge and knows everyone. They can help go through the nooks and crannies in searching the best cello for you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Rue said:

Anyone who wants, can get themselves a genuine Burgess Cello chair.

 https://www.burgessfurniture.com/cello/

Then, just mumble when you're telling anyone that you have a Burgess Cello mmmmchairmmm.

:ph34r:

This makes we wonder why I am not receiving royalties. Same with Burgess Vineyards, except that I don't think they are selling a 'cello wine". :D

It's rather interesting that their chairs pull up on the first page of a Google search for "Burgess cello". Deceptive practices? Accidental, or deliberate? I might need to contact them about that. :angry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Rue said:

Maybe they'll make a special chair! Just for you! :lol:

A nice Sawzall embroidered on the backrest?

Do you think they could make a chair out of wood, rather than metal tubing? At least my Ikea chair that I keep around for cellists is all wood, except for the screws and bolts. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/28/2021 at 3:36 PM, Thomas M said:

That question is so dumb it clearly shows that you wouldn't recognize a good violin if someone hit you over the head with one. Sorry I can't be as diplomatic as Daviod Burgess, but this is the answer you deserve.

Wow! What a first post! It seems you have arrived here to make new friends, don’t you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, David Burgess said:

It's rather interesting that their chairs pull up on the first page of a Google search for "Burgess cello". Deceptive practices? Accidental, or deliberate? I might need to contact them about that.

No, you need to move your azz and make more Burgess cellos then them... That will bring you back to top of first page.

 

 

......or pay Google :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems that the following answers are beside the point. I might be able to give you some  information because I was one of his pupil. 

I think the last time I heard the price for a violin was around 200,000 RMB.(30,000 dollars)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...