Sign in to follow this  
Ethan

Info on auction violin?

I have a violin I bought from an eBay auction some time ago that I can find absolutely no information on regarding proper pricing, etc. The violin is a Scherl and Roth Otto Bruckner Stradivarius copy made in Cleveland in 1987. On the inside of the instrument it says the model is an ‘OB 4/4’. Thanks in advance for any help!

You take photos as instructed on this thread...

https://maestronet.com/forum/index.php?/topic/333119-how-to-photograph-an-instrument-for-identifcation-purposes/

And then post your violin ID thread in the "Pegbox" section on this website.  And people more expert than I will tell you what it is.  I suspect that what you paid for it will be a factor in whatever kind of deal it was.

Because you only have one post here, you may be better off posting your images on a photo hosting site, and linking them here, though people seem to post photos here right away, and I am not at all sure how they do it.

Probably no need to post photos in this case, as the OP seems to know exactly what he has.  And what he paid for it. ;)

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 10:41 AM, Ethan said:

I have a violin I bought from an eBay auction some time ago that I can find absolutely no information on regarding proper pricing, etc. The violin is a Scherl and Roth Otto Bruckner Stradivarius copy made in Cleveland in 1987. On the inside of the instrument it says the model is an ‘OB 4/4’. Thanks in advance for any help!

Define proper pricing.

Do you own a violin shop?

Else, as a general rule, on ebay violins usually sell for what they are worth.

You might get a little more on local classifieds as you reduce the risk for buyers and entertain them as they try out the instrument - and you will need a lot of patience.