Sign in to follow this  
Julian Cossmann Cooke

Violin book sale -- let the bidding begin!

I am selling several books on behalf of a retiring Dallas-area violin shop owner and would like to offer them to the MN community.  Following are the titles and starting bids.  All books are final highest bid plus shipping and handling.  I will check PMs daily for bids and post high bids at the beginning of the next day.  Bids accepted until 5pm central time,  Friday, November 15.

The Primrose; Andrea Guarneri 1697, Bein and Fushi, #552 of 750, signed

$100.00

Gasparo da Salo, e la liuteria bresicana tra Rinascimento e Barocco, Fondazione Civilta Bresciana Editrice Turris, 1990, Italian only

$100.00

The Chi-Mei Collection of Fine Violins, Chi-Mei Culture Foundation, 1997 (small blemish on front cover; in slipcase)

$250.00

Stradivari e la  Liuteria Cremonese dall' URSS, Editrice Turris Cremona, 18 Settembre - 8 Ottobre 1988, 1988 (in slipcover)

$250.00

Let the bidding begin!

Edited by Julian Cossmann Cooke
corrected prices

The green might be more brownish because I'll have to pull it out of my a$$. But these books don't go up for sale that much, so. Who's retiring in Dallas? A secret person?

I don't mind a public auction, not that specialty stuff like this should ever see the virtual auction block of feeBay, for many reasons, imo, but I like the pm idea for when the bidding gets tough. 

3 hours ago, not telling said:

The green might be more brownish because I'll have to pull it out of my a$$. But these books don't go up for sale that much, so. Who's retiring in Dallas? A secret person?

I don't mind a public auction, not that specialty stuff like this should ever see the virtual auction block of feeBay, for many reasons, imo, but I like the pm idea for when the bidding gets tough. 

I'd rather not identify the fellow lest he be bombarded.  I am trying to convince him to provide a more comprehensive list of what he is trying to sell because it includes all manner of shop materials, including display cases.

On 11/9/2019 at 10:58 PM, Julian Cossmann Cooke said:

I am selling several books on behalf of a retiring Dallas-area violin shop owner and would like to offer them to the MN community.  Following are the titles and starting bids.  All books are final highest bid plus shipping and handling.  I will check PMs daily for bids and post high bids at the beginning of the next day.  Bids accepted until 5pm central time,  Friday, November 15.

The Primrose; Andrea Guarneri 1697, Bein and Fushi, #552 of 750, signed

$100.00

Gasparo da Salo, e la liuteria bresicana tra Rinascimento e Barocco, Fondazione Civilta Bresciana Editrice Turris, 1990, Italian only

$100.00

The Chi-Mei Collection of Fine Violins, Chi-Mei Culture Foundation, 1997 (small blemish on front cover; in slipcase)

$250.00

Stradivari e la  Liuteria Cremonese dall' URSS, Editrice Turris Cremona, 18 Settembre - 8 Ottobre 1988, 1988 (in slipcover)

$250.00

Let the bidding begin!

We have a high bid of $300 on The Primrose.  No bids received to date on the other books.

Bidding ends 5pm central this Friday.  Any volumes not sold as of that time will be reposted to other fora beginning at the prices listed here.

Well, looks like all but the Primrose volume are going to be posted for bidding on another forum at this point.

Last chance, this afternoon before 5pm central.  You know you want the Chi-Mei and the Russian (Soviet at the time of publication) collection books, folks.  You know you do.

4 hours ago, Julian Cossmann Cooke said:

Well, looks like all but the Primrose volume are going to be posted for bidding on another forum at this point.

Last chance, this afternoon before 5pm central.  You know you want the Chi-Mei and the Russian (Soviet at the time of publication) collection books, folks.  You know you do.

I actually probably do want the USSR book, but can't have both now. Still bidding $300 on the Primrose book. I would buy the USSR one if I can have more time to produce the green, just saying...

My stupidity in buying the Guarneri volume from a fake Scamazon seller yesterday underscores why  I don't like that venue for specialty items. At least they have a more than decent return policy. The book is definitely worth the extra money, I'd rather buy from Julian anyway, and I should have kept off of there. So mad at myself for being such an easy mark.