Janito

Drowning in Ads

Is it just me being lucky or are others experiencing the delights of posts being bookmarked by Ads.

Refreshingly, the Ads are for maple wood etc. and not for Russian dolls etc.

Nevertheless, It is making the Maestronet experience unenjoyable.

I must apologize for all of the ads - that was never the intention. There should only ever be 2 ads on a page. At the top, there is a Maestronet provided ad which I'm sure is very familiar to all of you. On the right side, there should be a tall and narrow ad from Google. That's it. In this case, Google turned on "auto-ads", which liberally throws ads all over the page, which is not we want. We don't want our visitors to feel that they need an ad blocker just to use the site.

We have turned off auto-ads, and have for now, turned off all google advertising until the first change take effect. Thanks for visiting Maestronet, and for supporting our advertisers which keep the site running.

On 11/14/2019 at 10:43 AM, ghunt said:

I must apologize for all of the ads - that was never the intention. There should only ever be 2 ads on a page. At the top, there is a Maestronet provided ad which I'm sure is very familiar to all of you. On the right side, there should be a tall and narrow ad from Google. That's it. In this case, Google turned on "auto-ads", which liberally throws ads all over the page, which is not we want. We don't want our visitors to feel that they need an ad blocker just to use the site.

We have turned off auto-ads, and have for now, turned off all google advertising until the first change take effect. Thanks for visiting Maestronet, and for supporting our advertisers which keep the site running.

Thank you very, very much for taking the time to respond on this issue, and even more for telling us what happened.  :)

Thank you!

Maestronet is a gem - please keep it that way.

P.s. I use the principle that there are a finite number of seconds that I am willing to spend on looking at Ads.  Therefore, the fewer the Ads the more time I would be prepared to devote to each.