Sign in to follow this  
twcellist

Late 18th/Early 19th Century Italian Cello?

Recommended Posts

On 11/5/2019 at 1:57 PM, duane88 said:

So, twcellist, it might be possible that all of the Italian celli under 100k are actually German/saxon/Schonbach!

:unsure: ... Sigh... Yeah... as I'm quickly learning when it comes to old instruments it's a huge minefield of Italian fakes! :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, twcellist said:

:unsure: ... Sigh... Yeah... as I'm quickly learning when it comes to old instruments it's a huge minefield of Italian fakes! :( 

Naaaahhhh, these are still the fake Italians.  We haven't even gotten to the Italian fakes yet. [Pokes a Gadda with her toe, then carefully washes the toe.] :lol:  :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Violadamore said:

Naaaahhhh, these are still the fake Italians.  We haven't even gotten to the Italian fakes yet. [Pokes a Gadda with her toe, then carefully washes the toe.] :lol:  :ph34r:

Too late. The toe won't fall off but the nail will turn black and wither.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, duane88 said:

Too late. The toe won't fall off but the nail will turn black and wither.

 

I'm not that clueless.  Have to replace the shoe, though..................  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The holes on the side of the scroll: Do They indicate that it had one of those weird metal peg arrangements that we see on double basses?

Edited by PhilipKT
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.