10 hours ago, Violinist1828 said:

Does anyone have experience buying from Vichy Auctions in France? Good or bad? Fees and shipping? Especially to U.S.

Appreciate any feedback! Thank you! 

Vichy, unlike Tarisio, won't handle any aspects of export. Not sure if they do shipping at all - it seems very unlikely.

Even if they do arrange shipping, I wouldn't buy anything like a bow with an ivory face or a violin containing rosewood fittings and expect it to arrive in the US.

Fees are 20%, and then you would pay an import duty.

Vichy shipped in the past and gave several options with quotes (fedex, ups, dhl). Recently they stopped doing this altogether and only arrange packaging and you can provide them with a customer number to arrange/coordinate the pick up of your bought item. Or, use mailboxes.

P.s, Vichy did gave me a cites certificates when I bought a bow with tortoiseshell though not required as it stayed in Europe. I'm not sure if this is standard or by mistake.

1 hour ago, chrissweden said:

P.s, Vichy did gave me a cites certificates when I bought a bow with tortoiseshell though not required as it stayed in Europe. I'm not sure if this is standard or by mistake.

Maybe it had the certificate already - ivory or tortoiseshell bows in their invoices now always come with lengthy disclaimers.