Blanchard Fake?

I bought a cello a couple years back labeled as a Blanchard from 1897. The label reads "Fait dans l'Atlier De P.Blanchard Lyon 1897", which some people say is a fake label. There is also a lot of very sloppy glue work on the cello; beneath the fingerboard there are glue marks and it looks as if there was a very poor neck reset job done, along with some poor varnish application in areas. The place I bought it from went out of business about a month after I bought this cello and I'm thinking that I was ripped off big time, but after two years of using the cello, I personally feel that it sounds very nice (maybe nice enough to match the amount I bought it for...hopefully...)

So basically, what I'd like to try to know/find out is if I'm playing on a cheap knock-off that actually doesn't sound horrible or if I'm playing on an instrument that is actually worth something (at least what I bought it for). I don't really know what to look for to help me in finding out more about my instrument and was hoping I could get some suggestions. 

Edited by nmh1

Clear photos of the whole instrument will be needed, no one can tell anything about something they can't see.
Rue wrote a guide for taking photos which you might find helpful https://maestronet.com/forum/index.php?/topic/333119-how-to-photograph-an-instrument-for-identifcation-purposes/

Did you buy it as a cello made by Blanchard, or a cello from the Blanchard workshop (not made by Blanchard himself), or supplied by Blanchard (bought in from another workshop, and labelled)? There will be a big difference.

You can also look yourself for pictures at good auction sites, such as Tarisio, and see if there is any resemblance to the photos there.

• 2 weeks later...

A Blanchard is very hard to fake because his workmanship was quite exquisit. If it is a fake it is easy to identify as such. Glue marks could only be from a bad repair. The difference in price tag of a Blanchard and a fake is at least a factor of 10. Whether there were others in Blanchard's workshop who made instruments and used such a label I don't know.

9 minutes ago, uguntde said:

A Blanchard is very hard to fake because his workmanship was quite exquisit. If it is a fake it is easy to identify as such. Glue marks could only be from a bad repair. The difference in price tag of a Blanchard and a fake is at least a factor of 10. Whether there were others in Blanchard's workshop who made instruments and used such a label I don't know.

Emile Boulangeot worked for Blanchard.

but “fait dans l’atelier de ...” is always code for a Mirecourt instrument, possibly finished and varnished in the maker’s workshop

”fait sous la direction de ... “ is a similar euphemism