Sign in to follow this  
crazy jane

Words Fail Me...

Love those guys! :D

Wish I could play my violin half as good as they can play a chicken...

2 hours ago, martin swan said:

Very funny video, but it's a bit of a con. The chicken is actually a sample being played from a keyboard ... and aren't the 4 shots the same take repeated?

Spoiler. :D:ph34r:

I am not sure how anybody can listen past Chicken #2.

3 hours ago, martin swan said:

Very funny video, but it's a bit of a con. The chicken is actually a sample being played from a keyboard ... 

I assumed it was auto-tune.  You think it's a keyboard effect?

22 hours ago, martin swan said:

Very funny video, but it's a bit of a con. The chicken is actually a sample being played from a keyboard ... and aren't the 4 shots the same take repeated?

That's what I thought.  Perhaps the first sounds could be played from a chicken like that, but the trills and rapid note changing are impossible.  Good eye ear!

Yeah... i don't think they were trying to "trick" anyone.   I guess if you're particularly ignorant about music technology/rubber chickens you might not realize, but in this auto-tuned era (and considering that their audience must be mostly music nerds), most people immediately realize that they do not actually have perfect intonation on a rubber chicken.

Also, watching it again, I'm fairly certain it's auto-tuned rubber chicken, not a midi keyboard.  But, either way, it's as solid a rubber chicken joke as you could ask for.

On 11/19/2019 at 5:17 AM, martin swan said:

mr. stanley kubrick is in attendance!