Sign in to follow this  
PhilipKT

My best friend’s Violin Shop is closing

3 minutes ago, PhilipKT said:

Yeah...tough job, but somebody’s gotta do it...

We already have a wonderful Curmudgeon General in Jacob S.  I haven't seen our Village Idiot around lately, however.  Are you making application?  :P

21 minutes ago, Violadamore said:

We already have a wonderful Curmudgeon General in Jacob S.  I haven't seen our Village Idiot around lately, however.  Are you making application?  :P

Nah, every time I look at Congress I see that the job security is poor.  Too many people who do it better than I do, so I’ll pass.

I enjoy watching Jacob poke at the members of MN.  And it always get a response which is probably gratifying.

Reminds me (a little) of Pres Trump and the U.S. press.  Trump is always playing with them, and the pundits always fall for it on talk TV.

Mike D

I would not pen a K that way, but otherwise I'm afraid the pianist's problem was more that he or she preferred people to be called John or Amy, which is not necessarily how things work in the 2010s.

3 hours ago, Mike_Danielson said:

I enjoy watching Jacob poke at the members of MN.  And it always get a response which is probably gratifying.

It is a long-standing Maestronet tradition.

An exchange from 2013:

On 3/20/2013 at 2:49 PM, jacobsaunders said:

It is called “half edgeing” in the English language. If you “double” the edge, you are a hack.

Burgess:

"Sadly, many of British origin are still laboring under the tyranny of archaic and confusing words and expressions, resisting the enlightenment of the "new world", and a not-so-trivial matter called common sense.

For example, what is a "wood join"? "Join" is a verb, my friend. Once joining is completed, it becomes a joint.

What is a "clothes peg", in the context of hanging clothing out to dry on a line? A peg is something which goes in a hole.

There is an item known as a clamp, which is used to force or hold pieces together. A cramp is something you experience prior to diarrhea.

"Half-edging" suggests reducing an edge to half its former thickness. "Doubling" suggests increasing the thickness to somewhere around twice its former value.

To you gizes credit though, at least you copied our word "computer", rather than naming the device "the super-abacus". :)

One more thing:

Didn't you spell "edging" incorrectly, regardless of language or dialect?"

1 hour ago, jacobsaunders said:

Allow me to leave your inferiority complex uncommented David. I’m sure you enjoy wallowing in it

Now that is f’ing priceless..........

3 hours ago, jacobsaunders said:

Allow me to leave your inferiority complex uncommented David. I’m sure you enjoy wallowing in it

That's cool, if it spares us from another twenty-page discussion about "anti-tilt". ;)

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:24 PM, jacobsaunders said:

It sounds like the naughty shop is closeing itself, making your poor friend homeless.

closing

15 hours ago, Violadamore said:

I’m here! One thing about Village Idiots, in case you’re wondering, is that we are always around.  Lurking in the shadows, like ninjas. I’d like to upgrade my title to Village Ninja, please.

4 hours ago, David Burgess said:

It is a long-standing Maestronet tradition.

An exchange from 2013:

Burgess:

"Sadly, many of British origin are still laboring under the tyranny of archaic and confusing words and expressions, resisting the enlightenment of the "new world", and a not-so-trivial matter called common sense.

For example, what is a "wood join"? "Join" is a verb, my friend. Once joining is completed, it becomes a joint.

What is a "clothes peg", in the context of hanging clothing out to dry on a line? A peg is something which goes in a hole.

There is an item known as a clamp, which is used to force or hold pieces together. A cramp is something you experience prior to diarrhea.

"Half-edging" suggests reducing an edge to half its former thickness. "Doubling" suggests increasing the thickness to somewhere around twice its former value.

To you gizes credit though, at least you copied our word "computer", rather than naming the device "the super-abacus". :)

One more thing:

Didn't you spell "edging" incorrectly, regardless of language or dialect?"

3 hours ago, jacobsaunders said:

2 hours ago, Jerry Pasewicz said:

Now that is f’ing priceless..........

41 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

That's cool, if it spares us from another twenty-page discussion about "anti-tilt". ;)

It is also, as one can plainly see, a healthily continuing, as well as a most cherished tradition.   :lol:  :)

9 minutes ago, ClefLover said:

I’m here! One thing about Village Idiots, in case you’re wondering, is that we are always around.  Lurking in the shadows, like ninjas. I’d like to upgrade my title to Village Ninja, please.

I was referring to Merkel, who I hope is all right.  You're disqualified from "idiot" on several grounds.  You're welcome to "Apprentice Village Ninja", but you'd have to start calling me sensei:ph34r:  :lol:

58 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

37 minutes ago, sospiri said:

closing

The man is a gift that keeps on giving...:lol:

1 hour ago, Violadamore said:

I was referring to Merkel, who I hope is all right.  You're disqualified from "idiot" on several grounds.  You're welcome to "Apprentice Village Ninja", but you'd have to start calling me sensei:ph34r:  :lol:

Title accepted, sensei.

20 hours ago, Jay Rury said:

I'm only mostly dead!

Maestro Rury, thank you for your past work, and hopefully more, at a more leisurely pace. The growth of the bowed arts ( all arts, actually ) in the DFW metro areas has been phenomenal. Question: will you make it to the VSA convention? If i am able to make it, i would like to ask a few question regarding the changes you saw over the years, if it is not too intrusive and only if there is a bit of time.

I am sure it would also be possible to ask PhilipKT, but perhaps for not the full arc of those years. Thank you for taking time to post. 

6 hours ago, Violadamore said:

It is also, as one can plainly see, a healthily continuing, as well as a most cherished tradition.   :lol:  :)

Jacob has always been my firstest and bestest "honey bunch sugar plum",  but that is only because you have never allowed me to get within miles of you. :lol:

15 hours ago, Violadamore said:

is that like american ninja warrior?, you know, where we get to prance around in tights and run an obstacle course

1 hour ago, jezzupe said:

is that like american ninja warrior?, you know, where we get to prance around in tights and run an obstacle course

[Slithers out of the water, and snaps open a tessen dipped in pure sarcasm.]  Oh, sure, what else?  :ph34r:  :P

10 minutes ago, Rue said:

Oh geez! More cultural appropriation?

More like an excellent example of balanced trade..........  :lol:

image.png.6ae8d012304f8bd0b373671115ec4942.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_in_Japan

https://www.whychristmas.com/cultures/japan.shtml

https://notesofnomads.com/halloween-in-japan/

Et cetera, et cetera.........    :)

2 minutes ago, jezzupe said:

Oh you're just virtue signalling :lol:

Naw, no point.  I wouldn't expect any of my signal virtues to be understood where you are.  :ph34r::P:lol:

1 minute ago, Violadamore said:

Naw, no point.  I wouldn't expect any of my signal virtues to be understood where you are.  :ph34r::P:lol:

"where you are"

do you have any idea how hard it is to maintain this charade? :lol:  I totally messed up the other day and called an underground service access port a manhole, thank gosh no one was around to hear it. :ph34r: