Sign in to follow this  
classicalmusic

How to make a viola tennis racket

I know it's supposed to be funny and all but just knowing all the hard work that goes into even a cheap instrument from the felling of the trees to the building, to the varnishing, well just like guys who smash guitars , I don't find it entertaining. Let alone some poor kid could have really used that.

12 hours ago, classicalmusic said:

An idea for what to do with all the cheap junk instruments in the world.

The curvature of the arched plates makes it difficult to get good directional control when hitting the ball.  It works better if you make the plates flat like I do.

6 hours ago, Marty Kasprzyk said:

The curvature of the arched plates makes it difficult to get good directional control when hitting the ball.  It works better if you make the plates flat like I do.

You're offering to make a video?  :ph34r:  ;)  :lol:

Graham, the violist resp. tennis player was a colleague of mine when we both played in the Nottinghamshire County Youth Orchestra in our teens. He was fairly nuts back then already. He was an accomplished violinist, who it seems has long since been „promoted“ to the viola. https://chethamsschoolofmusic.com/staff/graham-oppenheimer/