Sign in to follow this  
Shunyata

International Violin

In addition to what Nick and Duane said, I just don't think they're worth the money.  For example, take the f hole template that comes with one of the bigger manufacturer's template set.  It's rigid 2mm thick metal.  How am I supposed to use this?  It won't conform to an arch so I can't use it to trace an f hole onto my spruce top.  It's useless.  I could go on but the above mentioned reasons are plenty.  

Their staff is always helpful and friendly and they don't mind me digging through the stacks to find that back with just the right flaming ;) 
No complaints here. 

Agree with Thomas and Alex.  You are better off making your own flexible templates based on readily available drawings and photographs.  While this method has it's limitations, rigid templates have more.

I am also experimenting with a cheap phone app called Da Vinci which allows you to draw something onto a surface with the help of an image of what you are trying to transfer.  I am still trying to dial in the process but I can see where it could be very useful for reproducing the outline of an f-hole without having to cut a template.

The templates made by herdim are definitely not completely accurate. Some of this is due to the assemetry caused by the sound post and string pressure taken from older instruments and who ever interpreted their "original" state. I found the neck/scroll ones to be the worst offender. The long arches and the above mentioned f hole were pretty good. The cross arches have a bit of drift from what I would deem a good target. I can only attest to the Kreisler del gesu. I compared them to the strad poster and Biddulph measurements.