Sign in to follow this  
retriever

H.Derazey label

I recently purchased a violin with derazey label at the auction. A closer look, the varnish was later painted and peeled off intentionally, and the fittings were also bad.
Although there are many places where the hand has been added, there are traces of playing well and repairs of cracks, etc. Even if it is a fake label, it is desirable to know what kind of instrument it actually is. I borrowed this place and wanted to hear the opinions of many people.
It is a poor English translated by Google translation, but I would appreciate your cooperation.
Thank you.

IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3752.jpg

DSC04344.jpg

DSC04345.jpg

DSC04346.jpg

DSC04348.jpg

DSC04351.jpg

i-img960x442-156153313239nv1o389438.jpg

DSC04343.jpg

Edited by retriever

6 minutes ago, Ratcliffiddles said:

I think it may be very ordinary Mitttenwald violin ca1900

the Ends of the ribs would exclude that (although the Pictures are most unhelpfully dark/shadowy there)

The OP could check if the scroll front flutings are carved to the bitter end and if the lower rib is one piece or divided at the end pin.

Thank you, everyone. The violin is being maintained at the studio, so I will post the image of the details later.

The lower rib is  divided at the end pin.

Is there also the possibility of the violin by press processing?

23 hours ago, jacobsaunders said:

the Ends of the ribs would exclude that (although the Pictures are most unhelpfully dark/shadowy there)

I thought exactly the contrary.

So I just looked at an extremely "Fancy" violin with a fairly decent carved mans head a castle/ village scenes inlaid in the back, a geometric inlay of abalone in the finger board and appliqué  ((?) carvings in the corners. Easily the best although gaudy fancy work I have ever seen. The label says Derazey but this is obviously not one of the two legit Derazey makers work. Who was using this label and when were they doing it? Thanks for info.

6 hours ago, nathan slobodkin said:

So I just looked at an extremely "Fancy" violin with a fairly decent carved mans head a castle/ village scenes inlaid in the back, a geometric inlay of abalone in the finger board and appliqué  ((?) carvings in the corners. Easily the best although gaudy fancy work I have ever seen. The label says Derazey but this is obviously not one of the two legit Derazey makers work. Who was using this label and when were they doing it? Thanks for info.

You didn't provide pictures, so pardon if I am way off, but you should get the Millant "Vuillaume" book out of your bookcase (I asume it is there) and turn to colour plate 32 at the back (Dieffoprucard)

Thank you Jacob and fiddle collector.

I am on the road for the next two weeks but will definitely check my Vuillaume book when I get back to the shop. I've been mulling over French violins for several months  now and had forgotten to look for info on other makers in the Millant. You are absolutely right however that the head is matched up in my mind with  Duifoprucar.

Fiddle collector, is this catologue republished, on the net somewhere or are you just the lucky fellow who found it in an auction? I think having that to refer to could answer many of my recurring questions.

The neck looks like ash, very light wood with marked anual rings. And no radial rays worth mentioning. So not a standard «the usual», maybe Hungarian ?