Sign in to follow this  
Shunyata

Plate Vibration Modes

Recommended Posts

The problem for me is that it takes 6 to 8 weeks or even more to make a violin. Testing and evaluating my changes thus takes years. My most recent violin has a removable top. Hopefully this will speed evaluating some changes.

I follow Don Noon's method using plate weight, M5, arching, and wood properties. I am now getting decent results according to feedback from players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are 

23 hours ago, Michael_Molnar said:

The problem for me is that it takes 6 to 8 weeks or even more to make a violin. Testing and evaluating my changes thus takes years. My most recent violin has a removable top. Hopefully this will speed evaluating some changes.

I follow Don Noon's method using plate weight, M5, arching, and wood properties. I am now getting decent results according to feedback from players.

How are you making the top plate removable?   Some people have suggested using Kraft paper in the glue joint.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marty Kasprzyk said:

How are 

How are you making the top plate removable?   Some people have suggested using Kraft paper in the glue joint.  

Velcro?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marty Kasprzyk said:

How are 

How are you making the top plate removable?   Some people have suggested using Kraft paper in the glue joint.  

Paper

1 hour ago, jezzupe said:

Velcro?

Rubber cement. :P :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.