Sign in to follow this  
jacobsaunders

What now?

Is there any credence in the rumour that future Chineese violins in America will all have Italian labels to sidestep Mr. Trumps tariffs?

1 hour ago, jacobsaunders said:

Is there any credence in the rumour that future Chineese violins in America will all have Italian labels to sidestep Mr. Trumps tariffs?

Don't many of them have Italian labels already? ;)

Of course any of our regular readers know my points of view on such things, so it appears Trump seems to follow my post's and base's his policy on them...:lol:

47 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

Don't many of them have Italian labels already? ;)

They did this in advance, because they knew already what Mr. Orange Trump was planning long before he was elected. 4 000 years of economical experience is nothing what he can beat anyway.

I predict this post will descend into chaos and will be locked and removed, but I'll remain positive, heck anything could happen, for example a brainwashed communist globalist who's mind is controlled by central bank media could somehow get a clue, chances are slim, but anythings possible 

1 hour ago, jacobsaunders said:

So, business as usual then?

9 minutes ago, sospiri said:

So, business as usual then?

no they'll just be smuggling them over to their illegal tax shelter homes in B.C where they will store them in the garages and just use "mooses" {mooses are the canadian version of "mules" ie drug runners} to sneak, or perhaps waltz them over the us/candian border, where they will quickly be snatched up by scrupulous "dealers"  working for "the man" helping to continue the hiding of the inflation of the currency. 

2 minutes ago, jezzupe said:

no they'll just be smuggling them over to their illegal tax shelter homes in B.C where they will store them in the garages and just use "mooses" {mooses are the canadian version of "mules" ie drug runners} to sneak, or perhaps waltz them over the us/candian border, where they will quickly be snatched up by scrupulous "dealers"  working for "the man" helping to continue the hiding of the inflation of the currency. 

Easy solution, build a wall and get Canada to pay for it.

Just now, sospiri said:

Easy solution, build a wall and get Canada to pay for it.

bingo ! I don't trust them anyway,... them with their Moosehead beer and their Gordon Lightfoot, pretending to be all folksy folks, their just bidding their time and waiting for the right time to attack, just like N.Z, they better watch their back too, I've seen the way Australia looks at them. :rolleyes:

Anzacs. I don't dislike them, they're just very needy, so I try to be friendly when they ply me with alchohol and try not to overdo the sympathy.

British violin tradesmen long ago were very inventive to avoid taxes. Because the import tax on entire violins (in particular high end fiddles) was very high they got them. shipped disassembled in parts. And if the hear-say rumor is right, sometimes after the assembly of one instrument it turned out with the help of mr Lott to become two.

But I heard as well that the overproduction of Chinese Tomatoes goes to Italian Factories for canned Tomatoes (of course owned by Chinese businessmen) to be canned and sold as Italian Tomatoes. 

Whether true or not, it seems in business any trick is allowed to save cost factors or mislabel things to make money. 

10 minutes ago, Mnorfleet said:

So Jerry has connections at the White House!

No connections, just common sense.  Both leaders are under ever increasing pressure to get a deal done...eventually they will see each other as on the same side of the issue.  Human nature.

Besides, anything that has the President and Chuck Schumer on the same side cannot last long....

1 minute ago, Jerry Pasewicz said:

No connections, just common sense.  Both leaders are under ever increasing pressure to get a deal done...eventually they will see each other as on the same side of the issue.  Human nature.

It always starts with denial...

4 minutes ago, Mnorfleet said:

It always starts with denial...

What does?  Are you implying I have connections with the White House but don’t know It?

Can anyone point to the specific document that identifies a tariff on violins?  I looked around and found that musical instrument cases are listed (item 4202.92.45), but didn't immediately find the instruments themselves.

11 minutes ago, Bill Merkel said:

^Don't remember its name but there was a two hour special against it on CNN.  I mean about it.

Without getting too political,  there is a reason that both sides of the isle are supporting this....it is a long time in coming.  I guess nobody sent CNN the talking points yet.

Just doin’ my part Jezzupe.

26 minutes ago, Don Noon said:

Can anyone point to the specific document that identifies a tariff on violins?  I looked around and found that musical instrument cases are listed (item 4202.92.45), but didn't immediately find the instruments themselves.

How much does China charge on US fiddles?

Didn't they just drop tariffs on US cars to the same rate they charge for cars coming in from other countries? So maybe some progress is being made.

27 minutes ago, Jerry Pasewicz said:

both sides of the isle are supporting this....it is a long time in coming.  I guess nobody sent CNN the talking points yet.

Just doin’ my part Jezzupe.

I haven't been following it.  It will be funny to watch CNN supporting him on this though, and on everything else still trying to send him and everybody he knows to jail.

36 minutes ago, Bill Merkel said:

I haven't been following it.  It will be funny to watch CNN supporting him on this though, and on everything else still trying to send him and everybody he knows to jail.

I do not think they ever will, which shows where their priorities lie.  Luckily, CNN does not get to fabricate who committed crimes....just ask Richard Jewell. 

(Sigh)

I recently discovered the Cello Sonata By Alfredo Casella. It is an incredible piece of music, certainly one of the very major 20th century cello sonatas, But it’s very rare nobody seems to know it. But it was commissioned by, apparently, Elizabeth Coolidge, who presumably was some relation to President Calvin Coolidge.

That is what politicians should do. They should commission and encourage great music, and they should support great musicians and being any musicians. 

Aside from that they should basically shut up and leave us alone.