Sign in to follow this  
Violadamore

"With Nicky", Nicola Benedetti's violin training/masterclass videos

Anybody else noticed these?  They began appearing on YouTube on Jan. 29th., and she's uploading one lesson a week.  Here's a typical example:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBL2oFPTRfo

From the several I've viewed so far, they seem to be nicely edited, well planned and performed, and about as pleasant to watch as an instructional video can be.  I feel that her treatment of the topics, manner, and delivery would be very reassuring to those stressed and nervous about their development as players.  Compared to many a video littering YouTube, IMHO, they're masterpieces.  :)

Thanks for bringing her to my attention as I find them interesting to watch. The one on vibrato she shows clips of 5 different players on the same few measure. I was taught not to hold the neck like James Ehnes does : )

21 hours ago, Herman West said:

she got me back to Schradieck

When she plays 64 to a bow, it seems to be around quarter note = 280,  just going by the second hand on my watch.  I'd pay good money to hear the whole thing like that.

Not only do I like the videos, I like her as a violinist.  While I cannot rank her on par with some of the past and even present greats, she is human and that is what makes her playing enjoyable.  She plays through mistakes like a champ and without even a flinch. Totally dig everything about her!

BTW-I love the video about what is in her violin case! 

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:31 AM, Violadamore said:

Anybody else noticed these? 

Yes.

From the several I've viewed so far, they seem to be nicely edited, well planned and performed, and about as pleasant to watch as an instructional video can be. 

Oh yes.

I feel that her treatment of the topics, manner, and delivery would be very reassuring to those stressed and nervous about their development as players. 

Me too.

Compared to many a video littering YouTube, IMHO, they're masterpieces.  :)

They certainly are.