On 5/4/2019 at 6:08 PM, Alessandrovle said:

Hello all! I have written a piece for violin solo called Solo et pensoso, based on a Petrarch's sonnet

May I suggest writing two more pieces using the same sonnet except this time thru pattern the first solo just using the odd numbered lines and for the second solo use the even numbered lines.  

That's the idea I came up with after listening and reading.

I was the tenth.to like and enjoyed this short and sweet video as is always exciting to hear new material for the first time and obviously the audience liked it immensely from their applause.

I was wondering how long it would take to compose and polish a shorter piece such as this.

8 hours ago, uncle duke said:

May I suggest writing two more pieces using the same sonnet except this time thru pattern the first solo just using the odd numbered lines and for the second solo use the even numbered lines.  

That's the idea I came up with after listening and reading.

Hello @uncle duke, that's am interesting idea indeed. Two different meanings would come out underlining different concepts. Thank you for listening and for the idea! 

8 hours ago, Jeff Jetson said:

I was the tenth.to like and enjoyed this short and sweet video as is always exciting to hear new material for the first time and obviously the audience liked it immensely from their applause.

I was wondering how long it would take to compose and polish a shorter piece such as this.

Hello @Jeff Jetson, many thanks for your nice message. So, I wrote this piece while working very far from home. I was requested to write a piece for Rebecca Raimondi and first I came out with other ideas that overall did not convince me. Finally, after reading this poem, my ideas became clearer and I wrote it. This first phase lasted three weeks circa and I think that in a way it is not much shorter for a short piece. Then, as you said, I polished it. This phase is really important to control the flow of it. Being a short piece, this phase was relatively short this time. One week maybe. Thanks for asking! 

5 hours ago, Bill Merkel said:

Is it possible it could be randomly rearranged and it wouldn't make any difference?

Hello Bill, do you mean for a different instrument? I think it could work for other instruments, yes.