Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Preuss

Pasta (a la) Stradivari - special prize for the funniest answer!

Recommended Posts

I don't know how good this will really taste but...how about pasta salad?

Rinse miracle noodles (aka shirataki, aka konjac root--the names of ingredients change frequently) in the waters of the River Po for six weeks...or alternatively, under faucet for 30 seconds. Boil 2 minutes. Miracle noodles are then dry roasted in a open oven with minced garlic, tossed frequently, until not sloppy wet. Does this procedure (minus garlic) sound familiar? 

Chop fertile shoots of horsetail and pickle with or without alum sizing for added crunch. Throw sweet onions in there too. I think maybe a sweeter equisetum pickle? I didn't work that out yet.

Prepare ciccoria with salted butter, garlic and a little chili powder. Toss into miracle noodles. Chill.

Arrange pickled horsetail shoots on the miracle noodles. 

Drizzle flax and walnut oil infused with garlic and chili peppers over everything.

 

I'm going to try this, or some version of what I've described, and get back to this thread. It's a fine time to try this, as the horsetail shoots and dandelions are plentiful now.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Evan Smith said:

120 Neapolitan chicken eggs

222 cups Brecian flour,

2lbs teaspoon Venetian salt

32 gallons Tyrolean wine 3 quarts for the pasta,,,, the rest for the wife, and varnish maker.

17 lbs Etruscan ricotta cheese,

shovel full or two of Moluccaian nutmeg

7 cups Cremonese chestnuts

1/2 teaspoon  Milanese parsley (Strad thought he was allergic to it, turns out it was the ebony)

4 gals of fresh milk from Florentine

12 sheep, save the intestines,

4 logs of Carpathian maple,

4 logs of the finest pine,

All the ebony he could afford,

16 tons of glue.

Have the wife make it,, invite the varnish maker over for dinner,

Cut the logs and make fiddles.

 

Ha ha ha ha ha!!:)

(written by andreas' son^_^)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go. My 8 year old son has an idea for a recipe:

100 kilograms of violin string pasta

                   Topping

500 milligrams of Diomond cheese 

Billions of blistering barmesan 

           Sauce

100 liters of blood 

19 milliliters of strawberry juice 

21 milliliters of pink grapefruit juice 

20 milliliters of raspberry juice 

10 milliliters of champignon juice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, not telling said:

I don't know how good this will really taste but...how about pasta salad?

Rinse miracle noodles (aka shirataki, aka konjac root--the names of ingredients change frequently) in the waters of the River Po for six weeks...or alternatively, under faucet for 30 seconds. Boil 2 minutes. Miracle noodles are then dry roasted in a open oven with minced garlic, tossed frequently, until not sloppy wet. Does this procedure (minus garlic) sound familiar? 

Chop fertile shoots of horsetail and pickle with or without alum sizing for added crunch. Throw sweet onions in there too. I think maybe a sweeter equisetum pickle? I didn't work that out yet.

Prepare ciccoria with salted butter, garlic and a little chili powder. Toss into miracle noodles. Chill.

Arrange pickled horsetail shoots on the miracle noodles. 

Drizzle flax and walnut oil infused with garlic and chili powder over everything.

 

I'm going to try this, or some version of what I've described, and get back to this thread. It's a fine time to try this, as the horsetail shoots and dandelions are plentiful now.

 

 

 

 

Seems that Stradivari had a friend in Japan. :ph34r:

I see a skilled cook at work who cares about a really healthy diet! 

Waiting for the fine tuned ingredients.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, duane88 said:

It's a Family Recipe. Sworn to secrecy upon the grave of my dearly departed grandmother, we can not share it with you.

May I invite you to a bottle of wine? 

I have a very special bottle in my private cellar appellation Parlez-la-Verite made from KGB grapes.

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Don Noon said:

Oh, I don't know... probably something that comes in a can (I don't cook).

Maybe cannibals cannoli in candied cannonballs. 

(Cooking is so much fun! The best thing about it is, it can't explode. Or you made something really wrong.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know Pasta (a la) Stradivari should be seasoned with real Stradivari powder made of a real Stradivari violin. That would be costly but unique, albeit It won't last for many servings.

Juan Tavira

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Juan Tavira said:

As far as I know Pasta (a la) Stradivari should be seasoned with real Stradivari powder made of a real Stradivari violin. That would be costly but unique, albeit It won't last for many servings.

Juan Tavira

I strongly support your idea! 

Like this resorers of Strads will have an easy living by selling their cut off wood from patches to Stradivari pasta authorized restaurants. Brilliant!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, since Tony also made viols,the sauce here should contain hand-crushed San Marzano tomatoes,garlic grown near the north side of the Po(only harvested in Dec) some equisetum(to taste) and some par-boiled Gambos. The original recipe was found in a castle near Vienna.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Andreas Preuss said:

Seems that Stradivari had a friend in Japan. :ph34r:

I see a skilled cook at work who cares about a really healthy diet! 

Waiting for the fine tuned ingredients.

"Skilled" is an extreme stretch, but I'm not funny so my only hope of a prize is by making something Straddy that actually tastes good. Say a prayer for my family, who will be my helpless guinea pigs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Andreas Preuss said:

Here we go. My 8 year old son has an idea for a recipe:

100 kilograms of violin string pasta

                   Topping

500 milligrams of Diomond cheese 

Billions of blistering barmesan 

           Sauce

100 liters of blood 

19 milliliters of strawberry juice 

21 milliliters of pink grapefruit juice 

20 milliliters of raspberry juice 

10 milliliters of champignon juice 

This recipe leaves me with so many questions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 11:48 AM, Andreas Preuss said:

knowing that many MNetters have missed their profession as a chef, what ingredients would you use for Pasta (a la) Stradivari?

Chef Boyardee had it nailed many years ago. Simple as reading the ingredients off the label....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

Chef Boyardee had it nailed many years ago. Simple as reading the ingredients off the label....

:lol:....I had to go to a friends house to eat Beef-a-roni and Spagetti-o's. My mom refused to buy it. Do they still make that stuff. Probably should go away along with the Twinkie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, David Burgess said:

Chef Boyardee had it nailed many years ago. Simple as reading the ingredients off the label....

That's good actually...there was a real Chef Boyardi, a real genius chef, but if you ask anyone, that name means a meal for $1.

E, my grandmother was the same. Real food only. My love affair with the Chef was my deep dark secret shame. I knew it was wrong but msg didn't care what I thought.

They've since removed msg because of consumer concern and added in the analog disodium glutomate. Which somehow raises zero eyebrows. And now I'm exactly like my grandma was (super into real food). Unfortunately my son has only to go to his grandma's house for all of the Chef Boyardee he wants. So it goes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, David Burgess said:

Chef Boyardee had it nailed many years ago. Simple as reading the ingredients off the label....

Nobody my age totally escaped exposure to the stuff, there were the TV ads if nothing else.  Their slogan was transmogrified by schoolyard humorists into "A meal in a minute with the chef's tongue in it!", and their jingles into doggerel like "We're having Beefaroni/It's just like food but phony....", etc.  :ph34r::lol:

I remember their ravioli as not being bad, just poorly spiced.  It would turn up on camping trips, and later on hotplates in the college dorm.  Their canned spaghetti, OTOH, was icky, IMHO, and about Beefaroni, the less said, the better.  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, not telling said:

"Skilled" is an extreme stretch, but I'm not funny so my only hope of a prize is by making something Straddy that actually tastes good. Say a prayer for my family, who will be my helpless guinea pigs.

 I have been Guinea pig myself long ago. :rolleyes:

Was in the end not so bad. At least better than a class mate who complained about the 7 dishes his mother was able to cook.

prayers for you to achieve the 'straddy goal' and prayers for your family to take it with humor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, violguy said:

Well, since Tony also made viols,the sauce here should contain hand-crushed San Marzano tomatoes,garlic grown near the north side of the Po(only harvested in Dec) some equisetum(to taste) and some par-boiled Gambos. The original recipe was found in a castle near Vienna.

 

Oh, I think I heard about the mysterious castle where fairy tales  of violins were born. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 4, 31 Heisei at 3:00 AM, jacklinks said:

Regardless of what the ingredients are, the recipe label will be fake. The ingredients will be “the usual” ones from Germany.

In other terms taste designed by Dr. Oettger.:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I came to the conclusion that a Stradivari meal must be a risotto. Why? There are few steps (soffriggere, tostare, cuocere, mantecatura), very few ingredients and one concept. Very often people think that they made a very special risotto by adding a ‘secret’ ingredient. The truth is, just learn to handle the few steps and ingredients properly and you get a gorgeous result with no need for disturbing it with some magical spices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Michael Szyper said:

I came to the conclusion that a Stradivari meal must be a risotto. Why? There are few steps (soffriggere, tostare, cuocere, mantecatura), very few ingredients and one concept. Very often people think that they made a very special risotto by adding a ‘secret’ ingredient. The truth is, just learn to handle the few steps and ingredients properly and you get a gorgeous result with no need for disturbing it with some magical spices.

Interesting viewpoint, Michael. Waiting for the recipe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JoeDeF said:

Why make it when there are so many jars found in attics available cheaply on eBay?

On closer examination, you'll see that those contain a Bohemian variety of goulash.  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.