Sign in to follow this  
Ernest Martel

Need A Little Break...A Little Music

49 minutes ago, lpr5184 said:

Early spring has been way too busy....sometimes I just need to hear some good old outlaw American country music.

Don't think Tony'd care if we built em this way........ yhah

43 minutes ago, lpr5184 said:

Thanks Jezz,  First time I heard Hank III...He don't sond like Jr. and why don't he sing his daddy's song's...;)

cause dis' he ole timey

I do not care for much of the new country on our two local stations but I do like almost all of the old country. We have a new radio station that plays old country commercial free with a lot of Louvin Brothers and Bill Monroe mixed in. What a great station.

Willie Nelson "I'm moving on" (just in case the link spontaneously changes).  I posted the link at my work the same day I put in my notice on April 1st.  Everyone thought it was a joke.  My last day is tomorrow. B)

6 hours ago, David Burgess said:

Not really "outlaw" music...

Thanks for this one, David.  Beautiful, and sweet.  There's a "Charlie" lives just up the road from me, his wife and him are great people.  :)

3 hours ago, Jim Bress said:

Willie Nelson "I'm moving on" (just in case the link spontaneously changes).  I posted the link at my work the same day I put in my notice on April 1st.  Everyone thought it was a joke.  My last day is tomorrow. B)

Congratulations!  I surprised some people when I retired, too.  :D

10 hours ago, lpr5184 said:

Thanks Jezz,  First time I heard Hank III...He don't sond like Jr. and why don't he sing his daddy's song's...;)

If you go to one of his shows, he will do Hank Sr. for the first half and then warn everyone that the second half of the show will be different. He usually describes it in a way that strongly offends the folks who won't like it, so they leave.

2 hours ago, Violadamore said:

Congratulations!  I surprised some people when I retired, too.  :D

1 hour ago, lpr5184 said:

Congratulations Jim!

Thanks, but I'm not retiring (again).  I'm definitely moving on to a more desirable job.  Last day Friday, first day Monday.