Sign in to follow this  

Tool Organizer Racks....

3 hours ago, woodbldr said:

Good Morning all,

Amateur builder here, and my first post.  This is the workbench I am using to make my violins and to store some of the hand planes I have collected over the years.  The pulls for the doors and drawers are violin pegs.

Regards,

Danny

20190112_193723.jpg

Doesn’t look amateurish at all to me. 

Again, welcome to mn

best,

Anthony

On April 19, 31 Heisei at 8:15 PM, woodbldr said:

Good Morning all,

Amateur builder here, and my first post.  This is the workbench I am using to make my violins and to store some of the hand planes I have collected over the years.  The pulls for the doors and drawers are violin pegs.

Regards,

Danny

20190112_193723.jpg

You are a kind a sort of plane maniak, aren't you? Love it!

Yes, yes I am :D

I have collected these over the past 20 years or so. Most are older Stanleys, some dating around 1900.  The wooden molding planes are interesting to me, and are fun to use.  I haven't purchased any older planes for a while, but have added Lie-Nielson #1 and #2 planes since I finished this cabinet.

Until this past weekend, it'd been years since I last use them, but I fettled my two old V&B (Vaughan and Bushnell) iron planes--a model 903 and 705--and am thrilled again at their quality. I got mine years ago on the ebay; they'd been used and abused, but still very flat and easily adjusted. If I'm remembering right, the 9xx series is top of the line, but I don't find any real difference in quality in the 7xx series. These planes are worth keeping an eye out for.