ruthplaysviolin

Opinions on Larsen Tzigane or Pirastro Violino

My violin came with Dominant strings, and then last year I put on Obligatos. My A string has now gone "bad" and I'm wanting to experiment with other warm strings. I have a very loud violin and I want to tone it down. I like the Obligatos, but want something just a little warmer. 

I have now decided upon Larsen Tzigane or Pirastro Violino. I would be interested in trying Eudoxas, but not at this point in my violin playing. 

Thank you!

(P. S. Yes, I am "just" a student; however, I have a very good quality violin and am interested in "upping" my whole experience of violin playing.)

I tried John Pearse "Artiste" and they're a lot warmer than than Dominant, have a good E string, seem to last forever, sound good immediately, and are about $27.  One review I read, from some random person, said it's the warmest strings made.

The Tzigane E string will make every other string really loud. it's great if you want a louder instrument. I don't have experience with the violino. Obligatos are the warmest string that I have experience with.

I tried the Larsen Tzigane a few years ago in a not so good violin and changed the sound to a wonderful tone.

When I upgraded to a better violin I switched to Peter Infeld ones, D in silver was simply gorgeous with the warmest tone I can remember but the platinum E didn't cope, too much bright (or even screechy).

Juan

Edited by Juan Tavira
typo