Sign in to follow this  
ClefLover

“Lamy” French bow... suspicion

43 minutes ago, martin swan said:

Haven’t looked at the bow just the seller ID

Run away as fast as you can ....

No worries there, I’ve run to the other side of town, but still watching with a telescope out of curiosity.

20 minutes ago, Blank face said:

One way to ruin a nice antique silver mounted Markneukirchen bow is to brand a nonsensical name on it...:ph34r:

Because of the seller, and the fact that no seller in the right mind would put a genuine Lamy bow up for a no reserve auction, I had thought it was a Mirecourt trade bow.  How did you spot the Germanic region?

Looking again at the photos, it seems that the head of the bow has a bad crack. So one would pay virtually for frog and adjuster only.:wacko:

59 minutes ago, Blank face said:

Looking again at the photos, it seems that the head of the bow has a bad crack. So one would pay virtually for frog and adjuster only.:wacko:

Ouch, sure looks that way.  Hope the winner can return as the ad doesn’t state the damage. 

IMO it has a certain age and seems to be a good Czech maker. Would be more interesting if it still had the original label.:huh:

2 hours ago, Blank face said:

IMO it has a certain age and seems to be a good Czech maker. Would be more interesting if it still had the original label.:huh:

You have a true gift.  The one piece bottom rib and back pins might indicate an inside mold.  Or would the 2 piece top and back indicate otherwise?  I have the memory of a cucumber... I really don’t like the corner overhang, as a matter of personal preference.  

56 minutes ago, ClefLover said:

The one piece bottom rib and back pins might indicate an inside mold.

In this case, being from a period where a lot of things were getting mixed up, it could just mean that one should think it was constructed this way (though it was made different, f. example with inside mould, or just built on the back.).

7 hours ago, Blank face said:

Yes, and there are extensive photos of the frog end, but only one of the head end. Might the seller be trying to hide something?

And why is the seller shipping this from Marseille, France, when their eBay bio says they're in USA? 

1 hour ago, MarkBouquet clearsky said:

Yes, and there are extensive photos of the frog end, but only one of the head end. Might the seller be trying to hide something?

And why is the seller shipping this from Marseille, France, when their eBay bio says they're in USA? 

We already know the seller likes to hide facts.  His/her listings used to constantly say something like “part of my father’s collection,” and now they say “purchased at estate sale.” I wonder if anything that was sold by this seller was ever accidentally genuine?  Good spot on the shipping location vs US.