Sign in to follow this  
Giovanni Corazzol

Knives from René Morel's workshop

14 hours ago, Mark Norfleet said:

That’s very interesting.  I might have try something different after using the same knife for decades.

I too am really fond of my old stuff, with decades of experience knowing how to use it to best advantage.

If Norfleet (who lives only about 7 miles away from me, so it would be a piece of cake to pass it on) is willing to give this knife a go, I would consider his conclusions to be among the most valuable on the planet, including better than mine.

21 hours ago, David Burgess said:

I too am really fond of my old stuff, with decades of experience knowing how to use it to best advantage.

If Norfleet (who lives only about 7 miles away from me, so it would be a piece of cake to pass it on) is willing to give this knife a go, I would consider his conclusions to be among the most valuable on the planet, including better than mine.

Cool!  I’ll be in the area over the next few days and will be in touch.

On 8/20/2019 at 3:54 PM, David Burgess said:

LOL, you've been here long enough to know that I can be kind, unkind, or anything in between. :lol:

I just call stuff the way I see it. So far, this seems to be one of the best knife blades I have ever used.

With your permission, I can pass the blade along to some other makers/restorers whose  opinions I have learned to highly respect, and see what they think.

Why we love you, dude.  Why we love you.