Sign in to follow this  
violinbridges

Montagnana in amberviolins march auction

4 hours ago, martin swan said:

How come you never link to anything except some item in the next Amber auction?

I asked this previously to find out what the connection is between violin bridges and amber violins, as it happens time and again. It smacks of the type of promotion which I'm sure would go against forum etiquette. No posts from violin bridges for ages, then a link to an amber auction.

There are many auctions, not just at your friends shop!

the forum is to highlight nice instruments  in coming auctions, and we all  really appreciate it when dwight, martin and a few regulars highlight whats coming in their favorite auctions.

I guess were all becoming predictable in our posts.

It a nice fiddle.

I try to keep an eye on most of the sales in case something should catch my eye, but I always miss the Amber sales unless someone reminds me, so thanks Violin Bridges! 

Also thanks for your website which appears to be a labour of love and is a valuable asset.

I’m interested in why these items don’t show up on the Invaluable app? It’s supposed to collect all items of a given type so that somebody is searching can find them all at once regardless of where they are located

I think Invaluable is an amalgamation site.  Amberviolins probably just isn't on their list to include.  Or maybe you have to pay a fee to get listed.  Invaluable always gave me a kind of weird vibe for some reason.  Maybe just the name.

it does say on amberviolins mailouts that the lots are not searchable/ traceable after the sale, via google etc so I guess thats why they dont use invaluable, as they would have no control of how long they cache old lots to the internet.

thanks televet, after a huge amount of time, I am very proud that the VSA will be publishing our paper, written by Mike Carlson "Statistical Analysis of Violin, Viola and Cello Bridges" based on the research and data I have collected over the last 10 years.  its some piece of work and new data to the  community, 77 pages long and as dry as toast.

Will post a link on the general forums when its done but should be very soon.