Sign in to follow this  
Buko

Biggest cello????

Hi everyone. So I have this really big cello. 48 cm wide at lower bout. Would be fun to see if anyone has a bigger cello. Also feel free to guess who made this monster. Cheers David

IMG_6554.jpeg.c1c70e1b978b575d25dbf93eaf028197.jpegIMG_6555.jpeg.e7f2e519c508308977999fb01bf99f3d.jpeg

A beautiful beast indeed. Not an expert by any means. The widths of the bouts proportional to the length reminds me of Montagnana.  The actual maker, not a clue.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:14 PM, Buko said:

Also feel free to guess who made this monster. Cheers David

IMG_6554.jpeg.c1c70e1b978b575d25dbf93eaf028197.jpegIMG_6555.jpeg.e7f2e519c508308977999fb01bf99f3d.jpeg

Domenico Busan

Did you see that the Horil in the current Tarisio sale has a 780mm back? I can't find any good photos of my instrument and it is not with me at the moment but if you can forgive the quality I will post a picture here. It has LOB 802mm and I usually play it in Bb bass violin type tuning. It is next to my small bass violin tuned a 5th higher, modelled on the RAM Amati brothers 5string.

P1010847.JPG

Nope. Some people say Bohemian but I also heard Milano school. So I have no idea. Love the cello. Huge Bass. But of course Im curious