Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Jacoby

OMO, the Violin Making podcast

Just subscribed, looking forward to the next podcast! Nice to know there's others in the trade who (secretly or not) share some of the same feelings that I do! Grateful to be in the business, as Chris once said to me, it beats selling insurance...

1 hour ago, Woodland said:

Just subscribed, looking forward to the next podcast! Nice to know there's others in the trade who (secretly or not) share some of the same feelings that I do! Grateful to be in the business, as Chris once said to me, it beats selling insurance...

NOTHING WRONG WITH SELLING INSURANCE! but yeah, it beats it...:D

Episode 1 has launched! And I’ll leave y’all alone until next month when Ben Hebbert joins us for Fakes and Forgeries, and the Voller Bros.

You make things with your hands. Have you ever felt like someone was going to come along and laugh you off the face of the earth for daring to put your work out there?

OMObono was Stradivaris screwup son. We are all working to meet some ideal that can’t be met, beating ourselves up internally, while doing the best we can to put beautiful things into the world.

https://www.omopod.com/1

4A82A1E2-AD9D-46A3-AEB1-4F59CFAB063A.jpeg

7 hours ago, DBCooper said:

Fantastic idea!  It might be nice to have periodic interviews with great contemporary violin and bow makers.

We’re on it! Thank you DB— Episode 2 is Ben Hebbert, Ep. 3 is Jerry Maestrowicz, and SO ON

On 1/19/2019 at 3:35 PM, Christopher Jacoby said:

We got you, BassClef! Episode 2 is about Fakes and Forgeries, and we talk about the Voller Bros. With Ben Hebbert

When does this episode drop? 

On 2/6/2019 at 12:14 AM, BassClef said:

When does this episode drop? 

the 20th! after this episode we will start releasing biweekly listener feedback/discussion short episodes. our families and jobs made monthly release a neessity this first year