Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Jacoby

OMO, the Violin Making podcast

59 minutes ago, Julian Cossmann Cooke said:

Sounds great!  I hope you have ways of spreading the word to people in related fields.  Musicians in particular I think would benefit from the kind of information you guys plan to convey.

Very open to suggestions! Iut a blog up on Violinist.com, and posted on the Fingerboard here. 

Thanks, Jules!

2 hours ago, Christopher Jacoby said:

Gonna be touching on some of that in the Sea Change episode, chatting about Vuillaume, and interviewing Jerry Maestrowicz about his career at francais and beyond, and the Oberlin workshops. JH, I would love to record you about something you’re passionate about 

Im not sure if I’m really qualified, but I’d be honored!

11 hours ago, finnfinnviolin said:

subscribed, and looking forward to the first episode, great work guys, this needed to done and I couldn't think of a better trio to make it reality. 

Thanks, finn!

On 1/17/2019 at 5:30 PM, Rozie DeLoach said:

Hi Eryri,

There's no need to download iTunes. You can visit our site directly to download shows (www.omopod.com) - or if you'd like you can get a podcast catching app like stitcher, that will notify you when new episodes come up. 

Great, Just come in and it's midnight but will check it out over the weekend. Thanks.

Thanks I’ll check it out. I’m hoping to hear colorful long drawn out stories by the old timers. Stories of misidentified violins, drama, conflict, special instruments in the wrong hands, theft, swindling, unlikely outcomes, emotional material. The brass tax about making is useful. I’m coming for the drama.

It is so nice that we have many resources and people out there looking at our passion for making instruments.  The many view points from different people and backgrounds is so inspiring.  One thing I have seen in the violin making world is the openess and sharing that take place.  Here are podcasts from Joe McHugh and his interviews.  

http://www.rosinthebow.org/podcasts.htm

6 hours ago, BassClef said:

Thanks I’ll check it out. I’m hoping to hear colorful long drawn out stories by the old timers. Stories of misidentified violins, drama, conflict, special instruments in the wrong hands, theft, swindling, unlikely outcomes, emotional material. The brass tax about making is useful. I’m coming for the drama.

We got you, BassClef! Episode 2 is about Fakes and Forgeries, and we talk about the Voller Bros. With Ben Hebbert

2 hours ago, Christopher Jacoby said:

We got you, BassClef! Episode 2 is about Fakes and Forgeries, and we talk about the Voller Bros. With Ben Hebbert

Nice! I’m into long format podcasts where one guest really gets time to tell their story.

On 1/17/2019 at 10:27 AM, Daniel P.N said:

Great!

But I cant find it on Spotify, and I only found another non related "omo podcast" on youtube, do you have links for us non apple people?
Maybe its country restricted?

Hey! As of today we ARE available on Spotify!

As of Sunday evening I believe we are now available everywhere. If you are having difficulty finding Omo on your preferred podcast platform, please let me know. Thanks for the feedback and thank YOU for listening.

What happened to my prior post, affirming how a combination of something done by Chris Jacoby and Jerry Lynn could be something remarkable?

Or was that a different thread? Sorry, it's hard for me to keep up with all the posts on Maestronet, and still get some work done.

17 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

What happened to my prior post, affirming how a combination of something done by Chris Jacoby and Jerry Lynn could be something remarkable?

You’ve seen the movie Ghost busters, right?  It’s like crossing the streams, only not quite as bad.

A lot of my involvement is in a advisory capacity, and I’m editing the first couple of shows.  I may creep in more dependent on what’s needed. Mostly, my interest is in getting people whom I respect to tell us something about themselves in a way that wasn’t possible in previous generations. Something reminiscent of time we had Roland Feller recant stories at Oberlin.  

With out giving too much away,  Ben Hebbert and the other Jerry (or am I the other Jerry? Probably I’m the other) have graciously given their time to tell us things that might be overlooked in any other vehicle.  If you’d ever want to give us a report from possum lodge, David, you’d be welcome to.

17 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

Or was that a different thread? Sorry, it's hard for me to keep up with all the posts on Maestronet, and still get some work done.

heeheee That was on Violinist.com heeheehee

And you're still my favorite cool uncle, David. Thank you:D

1 hour ago, Christopher Jacoby said:

heeheee That was on Violinist.com heeheehee

And you're still my favorite cool uncle, David. Thank you:D

Uh oh, I may have gotten so seriously disturbed by the  Caprice No.16 by Paganini on A BIKE  thread on Violinist.com, that I haven't recovered yet. :lol:

Here's the video, for anyone who is sufficiently risk tolerant to click the "play" arrow.

2 hours ago, Jerry Lynn said:

You’ve seen the movie Ghost busters, right?  It’s like crossing the streams, only not quite as bad.

I've asked you to stay out of the urinals when I'm in there, Lynn...

1 hour ago, David Burgess said:

Uh oh, I may have gotten so seriously disturbed by the  Caprice No.16 by Paganini on A BIKE  thread on Violinist.com, that I haven't recovered yet. :lol:

Here's the video, for anyone who is sufficiently risk tolerant to click the "play" arrow.

That's like showing me a big red button and saying whatever you do don't push that button.  You know I got to.  Ouch!

16 minutes ago, Christopher Jacoby said:

I've asked you to stay out of the urinals when I'm in there, Lynn...

Always look straight ahead, and if anyone next to you says "Hi, Chief", just take it as a compliment, and don't linger. It's not really the time or place to argue about the Cremonese measuring system.