Christopher Jacoby

OMO, the Violin Making podcast

I wanted to share a project that Rozie DeLoach, Jerry Lynn, and I cooked up. We are launching Episode 1 SOON, but PLEASE CLICK through and download our Promo 
Episode and leave us a review. The podcast is....
ALL ABOUT YOU....

It all starts with @roziedeloach reading Stradivari’s will...

OMO is: stories of great violins, great violinmakers, and the sordid, exhilarating lives of craftsmen that are trying to put food on the table, and their names in history.

Promo out now on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts!

Omo is proud to be sponsored by International Violin Company

GO TAKE A LISTEN:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/omo/id1447561223?mt=2&fbclid=IwAR32ubeG6FvUDW05jbWhVBjDjMFReIpVfydnRqdjvfEP67JuC3ppOAQC3FM

1 hour ago, Christopher Jacoby said:

I wanted to share a project that Rozie DeLoach, Jerry Lynn, and I cooked up. We are launching Episode 1 SOON, but PLEASE CLICK through and download our Promo 
Episode and leave us a review. The podcast is....
ALL ABOUT YOU....

It all starts with @roziedeloach reading Stradivari’s will...

OMO is: stories of great violins, great violinmakers, and the sordid, exhilarating lives of craftsmen that are trying to put food on the table, and their names in history.

Promo out now on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts!

Omo is proud to be sponsored by International Violin Company

GO TAKE A LISTEN:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/omo/id1447561223?mt=2&fbclid=IwAR32ubeG6FvUDW05jbWhVBjDjMFReIpVfydnRqdjvfEP67JuC3ppOAQC3FM

Sounds great! I really hope you will devote large amounts of time to identifying and explaining construction methods, identifying various areas( I still can’t tell between Markneukirchen and Mittenwald) and identifyigntypes of wood.

thats really hard to do on a podcast so I would hope you’d create a YouTube show where we could see what you’re describing. If I had the slightest bit of knowledge I’d have started something long ago, but I know less than nothing(Sigh)

Great!

But I cant find it on Spotify, and I only found another non related "omo podcast" on youtube, do you have links for us non apple people?
Maybe its country restricted?

35 minutes ago, PhilipKT said:

Sounds great! I really hope you will devote large amounts of time to identifying and explaining construction methods, identifying various areas( I still can’t tell between Markneukirchen and Mittenwald) and identifyigntypes of wood.

thats really hard to do on a podcast so I would hope you’d create a YouTube show where we could see what you’re describing. If I had the slightest bit of knowledge I’d have started something long ago, but I know less than nothing(Sigh)

We will do our best! Thanks for listening, and responding. Feedback like this helps us make a great show

31 minutes ago, Daniel P.N said:

Great!

But I cant find it on Spotify, and I only found another non related "omo podcast" on youtube, do you have links for us non apple people?

It’s hard because there aren’t any reviews yet, so the algorithm sometimes buries it—

but click the link at the bottom of the OP up there, or copy and paste it! Should take you over to iTunes

Looks good but having had it once I wouldn't under any circumstances download iTunes again.

Surely you can find a platform which doesn't need resource hungry spyware which updates itself unasked, losing your music and sometimes breaking your computer?

1 hour ago, Daniel P.N said:

Great!

Hi Daniel! Thanks for checking - I submitted to Spotify yesterday and it looks like it's not quite done being approved. I'll let you know HERE when it pops up.

1 minute ago, Eryri said:

Looks good but having had it once I wouldn't under any circumstances download iTunes again.

Surely you can find a platform which doesn't need resource hungry spyware which updates itself unasked, losing your music and sometimes breaking your computer?

Hi Eryri,

There's no need to download iTunes. You can visit our site directly to download shows (www.omopod.com) - or if you'd like you can get a podcast catching app like stitcher, that will notify you when new episodes come up. 

I was asking for a link of the podcast at spotfy or youtube, like most people I dont use itunes.

I found out the website and I will listen from there:

https://www.omopod.com/

5 hours ago, PhilipKT said:

Ditto those thoughts. I think it is important to share and discuss variuos views and techniques but also to catalog or archive certain information in some way to make it readily available for reference  wether it be podcast, youtube, audio,  text article, whatever. Making specialized knowlege  more common or accessible would be huge for all those making , repairing restoring and identifiying.  So much of this iinformation is already out there floating about on the net and elsewhere. This would require emense effort (very large scope) too much to address at first... just driving a stake in the ground.

I listended to the intro podcast... and look forward to subsequent.

1 hour ago, dand said:

Ditto those thoughts. I think it is important to share and discuss variuos views and techniques but also to catalog or archive certain information in some way to make it readily available for reference  wether it be podcast, youtube, audio,  text article, whatever. Making specialized knowlege  more common or accessible would be huge for all those making , repairing restoring and identifiying.  So much of this iinformation is already out there floating about on the net and elsewhere. This would require emense effort (very large scope) too much to address at first... just driving a stake in the ground.

I listended to the intro podcast... and look forward to subsequent.

Thanks for your feedback, Dan! Look forward to taking a crack at it

1 hour ago, Advocatus Diaboli said:

Love to hear a discussion about the evolution in approach to making, as well as schools of thought on how violins are viewed as pieces of art, tools, etc..

Gonna be touching on some of that in the Sea Change episode, chatting about Vuillaume, and interviewing Jerry Maestrowicz about his career at francais and beyond, and the Oberlin workshops. JH, I would love to record you about something you’re passionate about