Yuri Meyer

18Th century violin?

I would probably say more likely mid 19th century, Saxony or Schonbach area. . I would say that it is a through neck model in which the neck was rebuilt at the heel and mortised into a block. But it may possibly still have its through neck and was just built up to look that way.

DetalhesDetalhes

2 hours ago, deans said:

A XIX maioria dos anos XIX, na região da Saxônia ou Schonbach. . A diria que é um modelo de resguardo não é uma mesma que foi reconstruída sem calcanhar e colocado em um bloco. O seu corpo pode ter sofrido uma dor e assim assim.

Hi!

Thanks for your answer.

I hoped it was from the 18th century. 

=(

Best Regards!

4 hours ago, Ratcliffiddles said:

Concordo com a Saxônia, mas eu pessoalmente não descartaria o final do século XVIII ou o início do século XIX.

Thank you very much!

In the next weekend I going to post others imagens.

Best regards.

Yuri

Is it even the original neck ?

The current upstand is very high which has been achieved with two wedges. The arching is also very high and an original baroque style flat neck would never have cleared the top arching.

Was this built on an inside form ?

It would be good to get a picture of the end rib to see if it is joined or whole.

32 minutes ago, Delabo said:

Is it even the original neck ?

The current upstand is very high which has been achieved with two wedges. The arching is also very high and an original baroque style flat neck would never have cleared the top arching.

Was this built on an inside form ?

This was the typical making style/method in Vogrland untill mid 19th C. The through neck is very often higher than „the belly arching“. These violins had the ribs built on the back ie. without any form, inside or outside. Yes, it is the original neck, if manipulated in the interim.

24 minutes ago, jacobsaunders said:

This was the typical making style/method in Vogrland untill mid 19th C. The through neck is very often higher than „the belly arching“. These violins had the ribs built on the back ie. without any form, inside or outside. Yes, it is the original neck, if manipulated in the interim.

Thanks, yes, of course, I should know this by now.

I just imagined that the whole wedge would have been ebony, but of course that would be far too expensive.

So the main wedge under the fingerboard is original and the second smaller wedge is a slight neck reset ? A bit like an Italian baroque violin but cheaply done.

Hello!!

I would like to thank you for your attention. 
I'm from Brazil. Unfortunately, in my country, there are not great experts like you. Thank you very much. I done upload more photos.

Thank you very much!!