RBB

Help with label...

3 minutes ago, Goran74 said:

Old German trade instrument. Nothing special. Maybe it sounds good.

It actually sounds as if it hasnt been played much, but its begining to wake up... so much that i am keeping this one for my private collection...

6 minutes ago, RBB said:

Any idea about dating? I have researched that mathias neuner only used the Neiner lablel on his earlier work..

I don't know. Maybe there are other members that have better knowledge on that topic. I have seen similar instruments from ex Eastern Europe too. "German" -- maybe I used word the wrong way. Maybe it is Czechoslovakian, Yugoslavian etc.

It apprars to be Mittenwald to me, one piece lower ribs, fully blocked and lined... i lnow its not high end mittenwald by any means, but hasba 1762 label.. and i know its not that old, but think could be 1830-1860 ish.... 

47 minutes ago, RBB said:

Surely someone knows about these Neiner labels????

Neuner. 

Labels are portable. If you have not had the violin apart, you can't actually use the e-bay pronouncement of "fully blocked and lined".

Looks like a Mittenwald box from what I can see in the pictures, but  dates from much later in the 19th c.