Merry Christmas everyone!

Today was the last day in my shop. So now after the door is closed I take a minute to wish all MNetters

'Merry Christmas and happy new year!' 

See everyone again next year. Was a rewarding decision to participate on this forum and looking forward to many more interesting discussions next year!

Cheers! 

PS.Yesterday I saw in Tokyo an announcement in English like this:

'Marry Christmas!':P

4 hours ago, Andreas Preuss said:

Today was the last day in my shop. So now after the door is closed I take a minute to wish all MNetters

'Merry Christmas and happy new year!' 

See everyone again next year. Was a rewarding decision to participate on this forum and looking forward to many more interesting discussions next year!

I think we learned a lot from you and hope for more next year!

Marry Christmas to you and everybody on this forum too :D

I'm trying to picture a viola farm. I have some wedges sitting in boxes waiting to become violas.  Marty always talks about burning them.  One of those love/hate relationships I think.  My wife told me the other day that it looks like too much trouble to scrape the varnish off a violin. "What should I do with it then? It looks hideous." 

"Burn it in the fire?"

Wow.

Merry Christmas to all.  Take a break from hate.  Make it a habit.

Ken

1 hour ago, Ken_N said:

I'm trying to picture a viola farm. I have some wedges sitting in boxes waiting to become violas.  Marty always talks about burning them.  One of those love/hate relationships I think.  My wife told me the other day that it looks like too much trouble to scrape the varnish off a violin. "What should I do with it then? It looks hideous." 

"Burn it in the fire?"

Wow.

Ken

Use the fire for the candles. We use still real candles on the Christmas tree because there is nothing better than seeing them burn down one after the other and when the last burns down you can make a wish. (don't try with electric candles!)

peace with you and Merry Christmas!

3 hours ago, Andreas Preuss said:

Merry Christmad, Jim! 

Was nice to meet you here.

From the Tiger house.

Funny typo. Christmas/holidays are often mad (crazy), but crazy fun for me. It has been nice meeting you here in this “mad” MN family. Hopefully we will meet in person one day. I hope the holidays bring you and yours joy. 

Cheers,

Jim

6 hours ago, Ken_N said:

"Burn it in the fire?"

Wow.

Ken

No! No!  I really love these violas--no hate at all.  

It breaks my heart to burn them

but on the other hand I'm freezing.