lousyplayer

Best place to buy bow hair & wood online ??

I myself started to learn rehair & looking to buy wood for wedges & plug & also violin bow hair .. so the question is pretty simple: Where is the best online site with reliable & reasonable price to buy those things ??

Thanks first.

IMG_20181020_111621.jpg

On 4/1/2019 at 12:21 PM, Fiddler45 said:

Testing search feature...

Oh...I guess there really AREN'T any replies to this topic. I had the same question.

Is bowhair.com any good?

Screenshot_20190329-181430_Samsung Internet.jpg

The best hair I have found is from Desert Strings, Yanbing Chen.  I have used his hair for decades and it is consistently good.

9 hours ago, Jerry Pasewicz said:

The best hair I have found is from Desert Strings, Yanbing Chen.  I have used his hair for decades and it is consistently good.

lankuishuang (song Chung musical instrument co ltd) on eBay is what I use now for hair.i bought  500g for a good price & the comb goes through it nicely. 

Ive rehaired around 25 bows & am also new to rehairing bows,  I’ve rehaired 5 of my own cello bows as well violin & viola bows & it works for me. 

length of 15mm x 6mm red pine from my local DIY store does all my wedges £2.50 in Scottish money

good luck !

Also, I had bought hair previously from a different supplier, which also was good hair, but it was more difficult to comb & I had to reject more bad hairs so there is a clear difference between the two deliveries!

Edited by kevin hanley

14 hours ago, kevin hanley said:

Also, I had bought hair previously from a different supplier, which also was good hair, but it was more difficult to comb & I had to reject more bad hairs so there is a clear difference between the two deliveries!

So...what made it good hair?

12 hours ago, kevin hanley said:

Good in terms of it is still possible to do a good rehair with 

To me how good the grip or bite it provide to the string is much more important for a good quality hair ^_^ I mean I grade hair according to how good is the bite & how long it can last instead of how easily it can be comb.