Sign in to follow this  
Stavanger

#that-feeling when...

... my violin was on top of the car... I get out and confirm I had not left it up there... drive off and see my dogs chasing my car.  That gut feeling was leaving my fence gate open.

...when the sheriff presents the luthier with a summons from the health department after he told you he cleaned the violin with his saliva, and it makes the newspapers, and no amount of explaining can make it sound like anything other than what it was.

3 minutes ago, Bill Merkel said:

...when the sheriff presents the luthier with a summons from the health department after he told you he cleaned the violin with his saliva, and it makes the newspapers, and no amount of explaining can make it sound like anything other than what it was.

:D

...you get to orchestra rehearsal, unpack your bassoon, and realize you left your bocal at home...

12 minutes ago, Rue said:

...you get to orchestra rehearsal, unpack your bassoon, and realize you left your bocal at home...

You google a word and find out the name of something you have been seeing all your life but didn't know what it was called.

... you settle in front of a crackling fire on a cold winter night and finally find the benefits of the viola.

2 hours ago, ClefLover said:

... my violin was on top of the car... I get out and confirm I had not left it up there... drive off and see my dogs chasing my car.  That gut feeling was leaving my fence gate open.

That one resonates with me.  Ever tried to round up loose hogs in a swamp?

..........you arrive at the office. and realize you left all your paperwork, that you spent the weekend working on, at home.   This applies to forgetting your music for a concert as well. :lol:

Standard issues:

Fitting and glueing the bassbar at the treble side

Drilling the A peghole wider at the bass side

Cutting the upper arch of the perfectly fitting bridge the wrong direction (E high, G low)

Installing the hair ribbon with the pearl slide to the stick

To be continued....

Cutting off the button for the second time :blink:

Discovering there is one more angle to watch when fitting the neck

Thinning the top or back beyond your intention

3 hours ago, Blank face said:

Fitting and glueing the bassbar at the treble side

Drilling the A peghole wider at the bass side

Cutting the upper arch of the perfectly fitting bridge the wrong direction (E high, G low)

Sounds like you uncontiosly just built yourself a leftie ;) 

... You shouldn't give that gouge stroke , but by the time you thought about it...    ...it ' s done. 

:D

It is a bit like posting a comment on MN.

..... some one posts another relatively new instrument , decently executed but not bench made , from who knows where and wants to know

- where it was made

- how old it is

and the guess work starts in over drive.

...when your significant other doesn't plan the road trip properly - and you get home 4 hours later than expected - in part because you were hopelessly lost on the back roads in the vicinity of a village called Primate...

15 hours ago, ClefLover said:

... my violin was on top of the car...

I did that once with a briefcase full of classified information.  I had a feeling and glanced in the back seat where I put it every morning, and it wasn't there.  I had remembered I sat it on top of the car while I fiddled with something.  I slammed the brakes in the middle of the street and looked on top of the car.  I did a high speed loop retracing my route and there it was in the middle of the road.  You almost found out about the aliens.

Edited by Bill Merkel
removed classified information about the aliens