1700's to 1800's Viloin - Need help with identifying it.

As you can see, this violin is in poor shape. There are no cracks but just a lot of surface scratches and it looks like the color has come off in some areas. 

I purchased this violin in an antique store in London, Ontario. There was a note left in the case, under the violin that states " was in the same family since 1847"

There are no labels but someone did sign their initials inside of it towards the top block. It appears they signed it using a pencil but I am not sure. It is very difficult to get a picture of it. 

Total Length: 23 1/2 inch.

Fingerboard: 9 3/4 inch.

Any information would much be appreciated. 

IMG_9667 (1).jpg

IMG_9670.jpg

IMG_9672.jpg

IMG_9673.jpg

IMG_9675.jpg

IMG_9677.jpg

IMG_9678.jpg

IMG_9679.jpg

IMG_9680.jpg

IMG_9683.jpg

IMG_9684.jpg

IMG_9685.jpg

IMG_9688.jpg

IMG_9689.jpg

IMG_9690.jpg

IMG_9691.jpg

IMG_9692.jpg

IMG_9694.jpg

I think I saw that violin. .. If I recall right, it is a thru neck construction and has cracks in the pegbox? If it is for yourself as a learning project... you made a good buy. You will learn all about top removal, graduation, bass bar fitting, corner and end block fitting, gluing, reassembly, neck alignment, pegbox reinforcement, peg fitting, bridge carving, fingerboard carving, sound post fitting, mistake reversal :)  and a whole lot more.... but to be sure, I love those old violins and there is great satisfaction in bringing them back to life ... even if it is not a financially viable venture.

Give me a call if you want to bring it by for a discussion... maybe I can help point you in the right direction.

Good luck! ... Mat