Sign in to follow this  
DrRoadrash

Digital Sheet Music

Anyone using a digital sheet music display/reader? There is a ton of music available for download and I've just printed it out in the past.  I saw a few digital players I thought looked interesting, however they seem prohibitively expensive.  I found the the Padmu, Sony display, and Gvido in a quick search but they are all over $600.  They all seem similar to Kindle for music.  Certainly not promoting any of these but was wondering how everyone else is approaching digital sheet music.

You can use a foot mouse to turn pages on a laptop (if you really need that).  I've discovered not being able to mark up music conveniently can be a good thing.  Especially not writing in fingerings.

I have a bigger android tablet and using the MobileSheets app its pretty easy to pull in sheet music PDFs.  Just did a couple today.  The only issue with the tablets I find is the glare.  An e-reader screen would be much better but they are so expensive in large form.  I'll keep looking at options.  Thanks for the replies.

I'm using the Gvido for my practice, piano scores for analysis and even music theory books!

The only downside is the tip of the stylus isn't as sharp as a pencil / mechanical pencil so it takes a while to get used to it.

iPad Pro with Apple Pencil (2nd gen)  using OnSong and Airturn pedal. If you prefer scrolling instead of page turning the speed is configurable. Very useful.

AirTurn was first to market but now IK Multimedia and PageFlip have engineered great alternatives to AirTurn.