Sign in to follow this  
jacobsaunders

Martin Mathias Fichtl Vienna, Large Cello

About half a year ago I got to play an original Testore cello. String length a whopping 74 cm. When attempting to hit 4th position I was actually in the third. It sounded terrific, and the cellist who plays it regularly, Johannes Krebs, former solo cellist of the Bremer Philharmoniker, currently professor for cello at the Graz conservatory, managed fine. He a big, powerful guy, and I do not know how I, a small not so powerful guy, would manage to play that on the long run, but it was easy to play, sound wise. I still think there is a market for your Fichtl as it is.

I'm definitely late to this party. I am solidly in the "keep it as it is" camp. Yes, it's unusual. Could Jacob advertise it in its unrestored state, as is, and what it would be restored?Surely there would be a market, albeit a small one, in the early music community. If it were in the US I'd be interested.

3 hours ago, Craig Cowing said:

So would you sell it as is? Asking for a friend. I probably couldn't afford shipping. Just curious.

I rather doubt it

6 hours ago, jacobsaunders said:

I rather doubt it

Was that a "no!" or a "definite maybe"?