Sign in to follow this  
Televet

Craig Tucker Memorial Instrument

18 hours ago, Televet said:

I don't believe so. Would you consider....? ;)

I would be honored to participate and feel confident in doing the setup work.

I'll handle it anytime the instrument is ready and will be happy to do as much as needed.

Dorian

Hi everyone..Im Mary..Craigs wife. I read these posts over and over ..it brings me happiness to know how much my sweetheart was loved and respected. I thank each one of you for your kind thoughts and intentions for my sweet Craiggy. Craig has lots and lots of violin wood and other violin making instruments. If anyone is interested please call me 5754208306. God bless each one of you.

Mary, thank-you for becoming part of the forum. We all honor Craig's memory and his contributions here over  many years. Advocatus Diaboli has the plates of the instrument being built in his honor and is working on them now. We hope that the instrument will be a suitable tribute to him. Our thoughts are with you every day.

On 4/18/2019 at 4:42 PM, Mary Tucker said:

Hi everyone..Im Mary..Craigs wife. I read these posts over and over ..it brings me happiness to know how much my sweetheart was loved and respected. I thank each one of you for your kind thoughts and intentions for my sweet Craiggy. Craig has lots and lots of violin wood and other violin making instruments. If anyone is interested please call me 5754208306. God bless each one of you.

Hi! I can't help build anything, but I would like to tell you how great Craig was. He was always so encouraging and helpful.

I miss his contributions very much.

Mary, I'm glad you are here. Craig mentioned you on these forums pretty often. It was clear to everyone that you two built a good life together and he loved you very, very much. And you obviously loved him very, very much right back, considering how you two met.

I found his lack of complaining and self-pity, and his tenacity, all pretty amazing given that his thirties were already marked with kidney failure. I know that you made him beat all of the odds, which was impossible (yet he did) and I at least felt like I knew you too a little bit because of that extraordinary situation, both tragic and inspirational. 

I used to enjoy his writing style, where he would kind of play with the question and post several ideas in three or four posts in short succession, you'll just see his humor come through all the time in his writing here. He was a real character. I doubt anyone here could ever forget him. I hope you peruse his comments from years past and find even more good memories of him here, get to  know him as he was in this social and professional space. 

That he was a very talented guy goes without saying. I know I really liked the art he sometimes posted, huge, scaled way up, such detailed paintings. The sort of art that translates well to an interest in violin work, or vice versa. He was someone I looked forward to reading whenever he posted. 

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:42 PM, Mary Tucker said:

Hi Mary, welcome to you and I hope you are doing as well as can be expected, I am very sorry for your terrible loss.

God bless you, luv XXX

Craig got into work on bows, didn't he?

Well, if you want me to finish off any bows he never completed, or anything else just let me know.

I can be of use not that I am that wonderful at making frogs, but I do have a go and get you some help, money wise xxx

19 hours ago, Advocatus Diaboli said:

Hey, sorry I've been kind of MIA.  I have the plates arched and the graduations just need to be scraped.  Hopefully I can get it all on the mail to Alex this week.  

I wasn't completely sure how Alex wanted the corners handled, so I'm leaving them oversize for now.
IMG_9214.thumb.JPG.8628333110f7bd5d27f01a52a87ef5ab.JPGIMG_9215.thumb.JPG.751171dc38ffdd21e5993a5088b1f481.JPGIMG_9216.thumb.JPG.b87f5e4a41115e376ccad6c8b0884e71.JPG

Team Tucker has a PM thread for the making chat that would bore the pants off of everyone else, but AD has been busy and the project will soon be on its way to Alex.

Hi everyone. Im Mary..Craigs wife..could you tell me how to get to the team tucker pm sight so I can keep up? Also..I really really wish someone or many of you would take some of Craigs beautiful violin wood. No charge..I just dont want it to go unused and I know my Craiggy would absolutely love for you guys to use it. Just let me know and I'll be happy to get it to you. All my love.. 

Hi Mary,  I added you to the Team Tucker PM's.  We're glad to have you here.  Please let us know if you have any difficulties accessing the PMs.

-Jim