7 hours ago, Blank face said:

It sounds funny here, but can be brutal reality for poor and desperate people, mostly in third world countries. So I'm always a bit upset hearing such a phrase from people having potentially valuable artefacts for sale to maximize their profit. Similar applies to "bringing happiness to people"..

I agree with that. I don't find it funny either. I went through cervical cancer when I was 27 years old, after being raped and was made pregnant. I lost my baby and nearly died. I had to choose between radiotherapy which meant also having an abortion or both me and my unborn child would have died.

Not just the third world.

If you go down to Maestro forums, to look for hidden doors tidy floors more applause. You'll see it all the time, like what you've got like it or not, you're under The Soil...yes deep in the soil...oh well we're happy as fish, gorgeous as geese and lovely and clean in the morning...Peter Gabriel, Foxtrot...Genesis, a concept album...mad? As mad as a bag of frogs but...I am not. Sorry to sour the atmos with a slice of reality, but, to be defending myself in this way, is unacceptable if you bother to read the discussion of filth by various ...posters within this thread

When it rains, it is usually because of water vapour, released from clouds of precipitation. Or is that debatable? On here, we have more concepts about bits of wood, than a rain forest has IPE. Or too many critics spoil the f ing facts.

When do personal attacks against me and others who want real help be brought into an assault upon our person?

All the world is a critic ey?

Advocate posting my name, address and postcode and phone number? Get real!

The atmosphere has soured so bad a lime would flinch.

On 5/10/2018 at 12:44 PM, morgana said:

Really? Why? And if it is a sales pitch, Martin, looking at the many Marquies you have erected on this forum, the field is so full of them, there's not much room for anyone to put up even a one man mini igloo.

Let’s not stab Martin, or his collection, for his opinion.  Martin, for one, is a true expert in the violin family instruments, and takes the time to contribute his professional knowledge to a free database of knowledge.  

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:46 AM, Blank face said:

It sounds funny here, but can be brutal reality for poor and desperate people, mostly in third world countries.

Actually, "poor and desperate people" shouldn't be having children anyway, but then everyone seems to have their own axe to grind these days.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:46 PM, morgana said:

If you go down to Maestro forums, to look for hidden doors tidy floors more applause. You'll see it all the time, like what you've got like it or not, you're under The Soil...yes deep in the soil...oh well we're happy as fish, gorgeous as geese and lovely and clean in the morning...Peter Gabriel, Foxtrot...Genesis, a concept album...mad? As mad as a bag of frogs but...I am not. Sorry to sour the atmos with a slice of reality, but, to be defending myself in this way, is unacceptable if you bother to read the discussion of filth by various ...posters within this thread

When it rains, it is usually because of water vapour, released from clouds of precipitation. Or is that debatable? On here, we have more concepts about bits of wood, than a rain forest has IPE. Or too many critics spoil the f ing facts.

When do personal attacks against me and others who want real help be brought into an assault upon our person?

All the world is a critic ey?

Advocate posting my name, address and postcode and phone number? Get real!

The atmosphere has soured so bad a lime would flinch.

Another troll...

8 hours ago, AtlVcl said:

Actually, "poor and desperate people" shouldn't be having children anyway, but then everyone seems to have their own axe to grind these days.

This sort of sophisticated advice reminds me of a certain queen, advising people to eat cakes, if they hadn't enough bread.

On 5/16/2018 at 5:46 AM, morgana said:

Maybe you're looking for some help that can't be given here.

It should perhaps be noted, that a violin appraiser should only concentrate on the accurate appraisal of the violin, and not let himself be lulled on by any personal circumstances of anyone. The job, quite often involves bringing violin owners or heirs down to earth, and it is irritating should one be called “unethical” for doing ones job conscientiously.

This sort of sophisticated advice reminds me of a certain queen, advising people to eat cakes, if they hadn't enough bread.

In the modern world, on the topic of children, there's your common sense, and then there's....the other.
But then as has been said a lot in recent years: "Common sense isn't as common as it used to be."

4 hours ago, AtlVcl said:

In the modern world, on the topic of children, there's your common sense, and then there's....the other.
But then as has been said a lot in recent years: "Common sense isn't as common as it used to be."

The "other" common sense was in my country, first to tell who should have children and who shouldn't, and then very soon who and which children should live at all. That's what's scaring me hearing such thoughtless talk.

I hope this is going to get back on track.

If Charles Beare is the most knowledgeable I will get in touch with him and I will keep you posted on here.

My reason why is that I truly believe that to make sure that everyone can see how I get on . Simple as that.

This is not a sales pitch AT ALL.

No self respecting appraiser would be afraid of allowing a published appraisal.

Let's all cut out the politics and social commentary, OK?

Morgana: No self respecting appraiser is "afraid" of a published appraisal.... but they might have good reason not to "allow" it.  You do not understand the ethics involved.  An appraisal is produced for a specific purpose and for a specific user or users.  The purpose is established by the client/court/etc.  The appraiser has various definitions of "value" at their disposal (to use for the appropriate purpose), and for a USPAP appraisal, the specific definition must appear within the report. So must the intended users and the intended use.  If the appraisal is used for a different purpose than as defined in the document, the conclusions may not be understood correctly and/or not be pertinent.  Often, (almost never) do the intended users include the general public, and therefore "publishing" the appraisal may not be proper... and here in the states, in certain cases, may actually be actionable.

Several have offered you the advice you've asked for.  As for the rest of all this, please stick to what you know and stop staring the pot.  

Good luck with your instruments.

16 hours ago, Jeffrey Holmes said:

Let's all cut out the politics and social commentary, OK?

Morgana: No self respecting appraiser is "afraid" of a published appraisal.... but they might have good reason not to "allow" it.  You do not understand the ethics involved.  An appraisal is produced for a specific purpose and for a specific user or users.  The purpose is established by the client/court/etc.  The appraiser has various definitions of "value" at their disposal (to use for the appropriate purpose), and for a USPAP appraisal, the specific definition must appear within the report. So must the intended users and the intended use.  If the appraisal is used for a different purpose than as defined in the document, the conclusions may not be understood correctly and/or not be pertinent.  Often, (almost never) do the intended users include the general public, and therefore "publishing" the appraisal may not be proper... and here in the states, in certain cases, may actually be actionable.

Several have offered you the advice you've asked for.  As for the rest of all this, please stick to what you know and stop staring the pot.  

Good luck with your instruments.

I am quite interested and in seeing what she has, is this allowed in public forum as long as they are not being sold/purchased?

49 minutes ago, ClefLover said:

I am quite interested and in seeing what she has, is this allowed in public forum as long as they are not being sold/purchased?

In this one, as long as they are not being sold/purchased... but it sounds as though that's what she's preparing to do.

Actually, Jeffrey, and everyone, if you can just hold your horses, because new information in regards to one particular violin; (of which I have owned since a child) regarding it's pedigree, as in it's history, and it's provinence, which, if it can be, and it's going to take alot of research, is the most amazing twist of fate! It involves my Great grandfather, who was a wealthy Banker, in France in the early 1800s. Trouble is, I'm the youngest of 5, and my Father, who died in 1989, when I was just 19, was the youngest of 12! His mother died at 83 years of age in 1967, so I never knew her. Her Father ( The French banker), I have to trace, which is going to be difficult, as he was a Jew, and I have to get relevant evidence of his activities, his birth certificate, etc.

This sounds as clear as mud, but from what I do know, was that he invested in, amongst other things was rare art works, and rare instruments, violins. He was also a gambler and apparently ended up, after his wife's untimely death, drinking himself to death, after coming to England.

13 minutes ago, Wood Butcher said:

I hope that Sir Ian McKellen plays Charles Beare when they make this into a movie.

Yup, and Jane Seymour as Skree...er,........ Morgana. :)

Charles Beare would be my for sure go-to on this.