Looks great Mike!  You got a lot of color in your ground. Is that with your horsey sauce? I still got my jar.  Looking forward to testing it on cut-offs from “lefty”. 

Hi Mike,  My .02 may not be worth more than two cents, but I am qualified to say what I like. ;)

First the good.  Love the varnish and arching.  My favorite is the relief (lack of better word) outboard of the f-holes.  I think you really nailed that.

The critique.  For me the worn edges and the neck are too fresh looking and don't match the rest of fiddle's age appearance.  I'd expect even the "bare" wood to be oxidized and soiled looking from hand oils and dirt.  On the top I like the bass side, so maybe the brightness on the treble side is just a trick of the lighting in the picture.  For the back I like the edgework wear on either side of the button.  

-Jim

16 hours ago, Jim Bress said:

Hi Mike,  My .02 may not be worth more than two cents, but I am qualified to say what I like. ;)

First the good.  Love the varnish and arching.  My favorite is the relief (lack of better word) outboard of the f-holes.  I think you really nailed that.

The critique.  For me the worn edges and the neck are too fresh looking and don't match the rest of fiddle's age appearance.  I'd expect even the "bare" wood to be oxidized and soiled looking from hand oils and dirt.  On the top I like the bass side, so maybe the brightness on the treble side is just a trick of the lighting in the picture.  For the back I like the edgework wear on either side of the button.  

-Jim

Thanks Jim agreed , touch up time ....again.

12 hours ago, Michael_Molnar said:

Very nice. Do you like the sound?

Yes , the sound is good , been played by a few folks who enjoyed it, not quite the power of some, but very colorful tone .

8 hours ago, Jim Bress said:

Nice, all local harvested?

Yup , all around where ever I go , I generally grab up a can and dull knife. Started solving it in alcohol to clean it after a rough separation, works well much cleaner clearer than after simple straining. There is always a layer of crud in the bottom of the jar after solving., I just pour off the good leave the bad.