Sign in to follow this  
ViolinBowbazin

Violin Price

33 minutes ago, ViolinBowbazin said:

The condition is perfect and violin has the certificate for authenticity.

Okay, that got it up to $50 and Free Shipping for me, sight unseen.  You have some more info, and decent pictures, I might revise that upwards. :lol:

Tarisio auction record on these is $4001, they seem to be at a number of retail shops in the 5-10K range, which doesn't say anything specific about the one you found at all, since fake fiddles are everywhere these days, and you've given us no idea of where you found it.

2 hours ago, ViolinBowbazin said:

The condition is perfect and violin has the certificate for authenticity.

Who's Certificate? Some matter more than others, some don't matter at all.

Good size ...

Corvisier is a good maker, so if the condition is good and it's authentic, I would think £12-15k, maybe a bit more for a great one.

I did a quick trawl of UK shops and found one in Stringers in their £5-10k band described as "labeled by ..." in other words they are not claiming it's genuine.

11 hours ago, Violadamore said:

Okay, that got it up to $50 and Free Shipping for me, sight unseen.  You have some more info, and decent pictures, I might revise that upwards. :lol:

Tarisio auction record on these is $4001, they seem to be at a number of retail shops in the 5-10K range, which doesn't say anything specific about the one you found at all, since fake fiddles are everywhere these days, and you've given us no idea of where you found it.

Hi, I have put 2pics.

This looks like quite a nice French "del Gesu", but without knowing it had a Corvisier label I would have said Laberte workshop.

Corvisier was an apprentice of Cunault, and while I haven't seen a Corvisier I do know Cunault - this doesn't seem like a similar level of work.

If authentic it should be branded on the inner back in rather inaccessible places.