• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know...Venus is not balanced in her seashell...she is a nanosecond from toppling in the water and the figures to the right aren't set up to catch her.  She is going to fall in the water, in a messy, undignified heap...I think the music needs to reflect that...^_^

10 hours ago, Rue said:

You know...Venus is not balanced in her seashell...she is a nanosecond from toppling in the water and the figures to the right aren't set up to catch her.  She is going to fall in the water, in a messy, undignified heap...I think the music needs to reflect that...^_^

We have two winged people floating right next there, and that's even before we address the size of that scallop shell, so I'm not entirely sure normal Physics is a concern.  ;) 

2 hours ago, carl1961 said:

Awesome! But you skipped some steps LOL I'll  be watching for sure. 

I've been thinking about doing a video, but there is so much better material out there already, stuff like Davide Sora's videos (heck I learned to carve scrolls watching his videos); my process is far too sporadic and often inefficient and time-consuming, so much that I don't bother to document most of it.

3 hours ago, FoxMitchell said:

I've been thinking about doing a video, but there is so much better material out there already, stuff like Davide Sora's videos (heck I learned to carve scrolls watching his videos); my process is far too sporadic and often inefficient and time-consuming, so much that I don't bother to document most of it.

Exactly My thinking too. but enjoy your stuff, keep us posted

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the video.  I had to stop it a few times to see exactly what you were doing.  One suggestion:  I saw that you marked the peg hole for string in the middle.  I would suggest it be closer to the peg head because pegs wear inwards  rather quickly in new violins and in a few years a new hole would need to be drilled.  I liked how you carved your bridge.  I use a micro chisel to carve the V points of the wings rather than a knife.