Matchu

Varnish

4 hours ago, Luis Martins said:

Any pics?!?

1 hour ago, Jeff Jetson said:

I would also enjoy seeing a picture of Joe's sunburst varnish.

Sorry...lost in the dark days before cell phone cameras...

On 2/12/2018 at 4:00 PM, Conor Russell said:

No, I don't think so.

Having said that, adding pigments to varnish, even in small amounts, can change it greatly. I find that unpigmented varnish is much harder and less soluble. So a given varnish, with or without colour might alter the sound somewhat.

On face value color affecting sound is ridiculous, although I like Conor's answer.  A good devil's advocate can help flesh out a question.  Here's another one.  What about for people with synesthesia that are able to hear colors.  As a spectator watching a cellist play (for example), would the color of the instrument affect the listeners perception of what they hear/see? 

-Jim

I read a book once... well I've read lots of books not just one but this one in particular...  Lord of the Rings.... it tasted like fried chicken.   Some types of music I don't like because it doesn't taste good.  I would think that's kind of rare though. 

7 minutes ago, MikeC said:

I read a book once... well I've read lots of books not just one but this one in particular...  Lord of the Rings.... it tasted like fried chicken.   Some types of music I don't like because it doesn't taste good.  I would think that's kind of rare though. 

Well that puts new meaning into someones taste in music.  Kinda cool, although probably sometimes not.

Not a word of a lie..

I had  a friend who has since died, who could feel colour with his hands. It was amazing. His best explanation was that the different colours felt warmer or colder.

I saw him identify different cards on a table, blindfolded.

I was sober as a judge at the time!