Sign in to follow this  
Victor the violinist Cat

Apprenticeship or Assistant position available anywhere in the world?

Hi! My wife, our three cats and I are looking for a fresh new live perspective, and posibilities to study and develop ourselves. Our country is small and don't have a lot of educational offer, and virtually none to Instrument Makers.

So I want to know if anyone there would want an assistant or apprentice... or salesman, or whatever!!. I'm a nice enough violin player, but also can play viola, cello, viola da gamba, and tons of other instruments. I have worked and learnt in a couple local shops in my country, and I run my own shop now here. I do repairs and build on comission. I have built violins, viola, viola da gamba, medieval instrument of various kinds, and now i´m making a baroque lute.

I have many carving skills, i'm native spanish speaker and can speak enough english, I know about business administration, import and export, can fix computers and cellphones, have sales experiencie, and teaching experience. Anything I don´t know, i´m willing to learn it.

I just want enough to have a quiet life somewhere, and to learn more and become a better maker.

You can see some of my work on my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/lacasadelviolin/)

If you are interested on working with me, please send me an email to victoracf@gmail.com, and I can send you my CV.

Thanks!