Seal violin form?

1 hour ago, Wilgeo said:

Perfect thank you. The parts of the side of the form NOT getting blocks glued to it can be shellac'ed as well I would assume yes?

Yes, shellac on all surface (horizontal and vertical) where the glue should not stick.

I put a drop of glue (titebond) in all the place where the glue must be for gluing the blocks, to seal the surface and prevent glue absorption at the first use of the form, expecially where endgrain is involved.

I confess that I use Titebond for gluing blocks to the form:o .......... beware, little drops only.

1 hour ago, Davide Sora said:

Yes, shellac on all surface (horizontal and vertical) where the glue should not stick.

I put a drop of glue (titebond) in all the place where the glue must be for gluing the blocks, to seal the surface and prevent glue absorption at the first use of the form, expecially where endgrain is involved.

I confess that I use Titebond for gluing blocks to the form:o .......... beware, little drops only.

Brave man! Being a woodworker, I know the power of titebond ALL too well. ;)

Thanks again for your words of wisdom!