Jump to content
Maestronet Forums

What does this tool do?

Mille regardz

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Joris said:

Whenever I see cheap violin making tool sets on websites like eBay, AliExpress, etc. (which I probably shouldn't be looking at at all, I know :)) , very often this kind of tool is included:


I haven't been able to find what the tool is for, can anyone enlighten me?


That is for making the burr on scrapers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thomas Coleman said:

Doesn't seem like a very practical burnisher.  What surface is used? 


I as wrong,it looked like my burr tool,  but on eBay they call that thing a palette knife sharpener


Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, MarkBouquet clearsky said:

Openers, for removing the top?

Maybe, but I wouldn't think of it as anything close to the ideal tool for that job.

For pushing purfling into the groove, I mostly use something like a window screen replacement tool, a narrow wheel on bearings.

Still using the roller tool Mark Norfleet and I came up with about 40 years ago, made from parts of a bicycle derailleur.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...